Main Menu

Conferences

Started by Snake Doctor, June 22, 2012, 02:36:13 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on June 26, 2012, 02:04:04 PM
Suffice to say, though, that it is "many".

Yes - as with WAWG there are several which have "area" or other formally defined echelons below wing.   There's also a couple wings.  So we're talking about at least half.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: AirDX on June 26, 2012, 08:21:40 AMI AM the frickin' wing SE.  I need to talk to region, national, my wing CC, all kinds of folks.  I have them all on speed dial.   Don't try to lecture me on CoC.  Can your attitude until you get a clue.

I said >next< echelon.   If you're assigned to wing, then Region >is< your next echelon.

As was actually written, there's very little need, and no inherent approval, for the average unit staffer to be contacting Wing or higher without authorization.  That completely negates both the span of control, and the local authority, of the echelons you're hopping when you do that.

If you're unit SE and have a question, you ask the Group SE (or wing if you don't have groups). The answer you get is the answer. Period.  If you don't agree, your next call is to your unit CC, not Wing.  If your unit CC says "go for it" you contact wing and /cc Group.  In a lot of cases the first answer you receive might be perfectly acceptable to your commander, in which case you move on and don't "back channel check".

One huge problem we have in CAP is staffers who will "shop an answer" until someone says something close to what they wanted to hear, regardless of echelon or source, then they triumphantly return with their supporting response, and are surprised when it is not accepted.

Also, if you're ADY at a higher echelon for a specific staff role, that does not give you carte blanch to wander all over everyone else's lane just because of the reality of proximity.  Just because you're the Group Aerospace guy, doesn't mean you can go discussing unit finances with the FM.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on June 26, 2012, 02:04:04 PM
..and WAWG does, too. They just don't call it that, but it's really that. So that's 24/25, which may not qualify for "most", because that would imply more than a simple majority, which this barely is.

Suffice to say, though, that it is "many".

We have 52 wings...

a2capt

Yup, 52. Hence "barely" is. I used barely in the context of not quite making it. Though I can see the confusion.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on June 26, 2012, 03:29:34 PM
Yup, 52. Hence "barely" is. I used barely in the context of not quite making it. Though I can see the confusion.

Yep. Simple Majority would have to tip at 27.

Private Investigator

I still think Conferences is a good ideal. It depends on what you want to get out of CAP.

When I was an IG I would go to a Squadron and they would be so locked into the "good ole boy" syndrome they have no clue about CAP outside of their little trailer. They liked the mindset it is them and only them. They had members with Master ratings in everything but really did not know anything and it was obvious they gave each other bogus ratings which means they had bogus promotions too.  >:D