Summer Encampment 2012

Started by pilot97, February 08, 2012, 02:00:19 AM

pilot97

I am going to be cadet staff for the  FLWG summer encampment this year  :) and I was wondering if I can request to be a flight sergeant staff position, or if you are just picked...?  ???

Thanks!   :)

C/TSgt.
C/MSgt.

HGjunkie

Erm, I think you mean you *want* to be on cadet staff.

Check the Flcadet.com webpage periodically for updates on Summer Encampment through the activities tab, and wait until cadet staff apps open up.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

pilot97

Quote from: HGjunkie on February 08, 2012, 02:01:53 AM
Erm, I think you mean you *want* to be on
cadet staff.
Check the Flcadet.com webpage periodically for updates on Summer Encampment through the activities tab, and wait  :-[until cadet staff apps open up.

I'm sorry, you're right. :-[

Thankyou for the advice!   :)
C/MSgt.

GTRanger

Usually there are staff interviews that you have to attend, and other qualifications and training, depending on what wing you are in. you also have to go through an application process before all this, so there is actual paperwork required, you dont just wake up one morning and are randomly chosen haha. I just applied to be on summer encampment staff in my wing, and all I had to do was drive down to the wing hq for an interview. However, I know that FLWG has a HUGE encampment and the competition for staff is brutal, so dont be suprised if you have to do more than a simple interview . Good luck applying!

C/SMSgt GTRanger

"These things we do, that others may live." -USAF Pararescue and Ranger Motto

HGjunkie

Quote from: GTRanger on February 16, 2012, 04:27:53 PM
However, I know that FLWG has a HUGE encampment and the competition for staff is brutal, so dont be suprised if you have to do more than a simple interview

Yeah... A staff selection weekend comes after the actual application (With deceivingly simple-looking essay responses) and the competition is tight.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

CamoMan

Does anyone know if ATS will return?

Extremepredjudice

From Lt Col. Mesones:

QuoteAll:

Encampment is a fun, challenging, and rewarding experience for both cadets and seniors alike. This year's Summer Encampment will be held at Camp Blanding from 01 to 07 July 2012.
If you are interested in serving as Encampment Commander, Commandant of Cadets, or Cadet Commander please submit your resume outlining any Cadet Programs experience along with any professional or personal responsibilities/accomplishments to margaritamesones@yahoo.com. Submission deadline is 10 Mar 2012 so don't delay!
Below are some of the position responsibilities:
Encampment Commander: Overall responsible for the administration, operation, and training program and is responsible for all actions of personnel attending the encampment and their compliance to CAP directives
Commandant of Cadets: Implements, controls, and evaluates training activities for cadets; ensures the implementation of the encampment curriculum; assists with selection of tactical officers and selection of cadet command staff; ensures that training objectives and goals are met.
Cadet Commander: Provides focus and direction to cadet staff to ensure implementation of the encampment program; assists in selection of cadet command staff; serves as role model and example for all members of cadet staff; fosters cohesiveness, teamwork and unity with the cadet staff; ensures cadet staff continuity records are kept.

All other potential staff/attendees – keep an eye out for future e-mails....
Regards,
Margarita Mesones-Mori, Lt Col, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs
Florida Wing
www.flcadet.com
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

JenniferDerr

Advanced Training Squadron is in Indiana Wing Summer Encampment: 15-21 JULY @ Camp Atterbury in Central Indiana.

Check out our web page: sites.google.com/site/inwgencampment

Like us in facebook: Indiana Wing Civil Air Patrol

POC: Major Frank Merrill, 2012 Encampment Commander
frank_merrill@yahoo.com
Semper Vigilans!
Jennifer Derr, Major, CAP
INWG Director, Cadet Programs
DDR Admin