Educational Requirements in the CAP

Started by Hardshell Clam, October 25, 2011, 06:06:40 PM

Hardshell Clam

I had a conversation ith a reservist who asked if the CAP had educational requirement to be appointed as a CP Officer?

I looked through what I have and could not find anything, so I pose this question:

Can one without a high school degree become an officer in the CAP?

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Hardshell Clam

Thanks  :clap: I was sure I ha read it but could not place where.  Good to know but you could be promoted to major, unit commander etc. with only a  GED. That is a little troublesome. :-\

tsrup

edit:

All sections cite high school education or equivalent (GED) as requirements to initial appointment.
Paramedic
hang-around.

tsrup

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on October 25, 2011, 06:24:23 PM
Thanks  :clap: I was sure I ha read it but could not place where.  Good to know but you could be promoted to major, unit commander etc. with only a  GED. That is a little troublesome. :-\

Theoretically you could become Maj. General/CAP national commander.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: tsrup on October 25, 2011, 06:35:07 PM

Theoretically you could become Maj. General/CAP national commander.

Indeed. ::)

Eclipse

Thanks  :clap: I was sure I ha read it but could not place where.  Good to know but you could be promoted to major, unit commander etc. with only a  GED. That is a little troublesome.

Why?

"That Others May Zoom"

johnnyb47

Quote from: Eclipse on October 25, 2011, 06:58:05 PM
Thanks  :clap: I was sure I ha read it but could not place where.  Good to know but you could be promoted to major, unit commander etc. with only a  GED. That is a little troublesome.

Why?
I was wondering the same thing.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on October 25, 2011, 06:58:05 PM

Why?

I'm curious too. Some of the dumbest people I know have advanced degrees. I also know smart ones with advanced degrees. Point is formal education merely means you could endure school and check boxes.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hardshell Clam

Not going there about education, etc: "Don't wrestle in the mud with the pigs, you both get dirty and the pig likes it".

FYI: I'm not calling ANYONE a pig, I'm just not getting into THAT debate...

johnnyb47

Well you made what can basically be taken as a negative comment about some of our membership. You slung mud first. I take this one personally as I know of some high class/quality individuals who have a GED and most times it was a matter of circumstance, nothing more. Backup your comment and explain why you find someone with a GED in a leadership role in CAP troublesome or stop making arrogant, pointless posts.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Eclipse

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on October 25, 2011, 07:11:30 PM
Not going there about education, etc: "Don't wrestle in the mud with the pigs, you both get dirty and the pig likes it".

You started the thread, then you made the negative inference, then you don't want to discuss it?

"That Others May Zoom"

Hardshell Clam

FYI: I'm not calling ANYONE a pig, I'm just not getting into THAT debate...

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: Eclipse on October 25, 2011, 07:29:19 PM

You started the thread, then you made the negative inference, then you don't want to discuss it?

Sorry Eclipse, I would not dicsuss the color of the sky with you,  I prefer not to deal with you.

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

Hardshell Clam

tsrup

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on October 25, 2011, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: tsrup on October 25, 2011, 07:40:43 PM
Troll....

Now THAT is mature, resorting to name calling.

It is what it is,
This is the second thread in 24 hours where you've said something controversial and then refused to back it up.  It seems like you are just trying to incite negative response. 

Hense "Trolling"..

If I'm off base, then why don't you start contributing to the discussions you start.
Paramedic
hang-around.

SARDOC

Hardshell Clam

"It is what it is".

What was my first controversial thread?

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: SARDOC on October 25, 2011, 07:48:00 PM
[lmgtfy]Troll
[/lmgtfy]

Name calling... Really showing the spirt of our core values in the respect area... Do you have something to add?