Main Menu

BDU Belt

Started by zonaman, August 09, 2011, 01:26:35 AM

Persona non grata

I will deferentially inform my leadership to conduct weekly inspections.
P.S
In my neck of the woods nobody out ranks me unless the WING KING PAYS A VISIT ;D
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Майор Хаткевич

Also, lumping a belt that will hold my pants on my gut better with berets, bells and whistles and orange hats is just not right. Those issues are miles apart.

Persona non grata

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on August 12, 2011, 06:16:31 PM
IIRC Eaker.Cadet is not a cadet at this time.

Have not  been since 1999 :(
maybe that will clear things up for the previous poster

SPD6696

Oh, almost forgot.

" I wear a black hawk bdu belt thats not authorized in 39-1. " 

and

"I have seen many cadets just wear the blues belt with the chrome buckle.  I dont make a bif deal about it but I do inform them that they need to get the BDU belt. "

How would you feel if one of them took note of your UA rigger belt and had some nice words for you?

If you are going to correct someone, then, you should first be correct.  As an NCO in the .mil, when inspecting my guys, I did not make an issue out of something if I were out of compliance myself.  So, I tried to set the example.  I may not have been 100% all the time, but, you temper that with common sense and discretion.

If you are a ranking cadet, or a SM, you should be setting a good example, and practice mentoring those subordinate to you.
"You are
  What you do
  When it counts." - Steakley, "Armor"

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."

SPD6696

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on August 12, 2011, 06:22:12 PM
Also, lumping a belt that will hold my pants on my gut better with berets, bells and whistles and orange hats is just not right. Those issues are miles apart.

Not really.  It all goes back to following orders and regulations, whether it is the color of your socks, BDUs, or type of belt. 

The regulation manual is there for a reason.
"You are
  What you do

Майор Хаткевич

You are lumping those who want to be flashy and stand out with those who wear a thicker belt. Not quite the same in my book.

SPD6696

Ok, it's not the same in your book.  However, the book that matters is 39-1.
"You are
  What you do

Sapper168

Quote from: SPD6696 on August 12, 2011, 06:42:46 PM
Ok, it's not the same in your book.  However, the book that matters is 39-1.

Unfortunately it only seems to matter when enforced.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Persona non grata

Quote from: SPD6696 on August 12, 2011, 06:29:08 PM
Oh, almost forgot.

" I wear a black hawk bdu belt thats not authorized in 39-1. " 

and

"I have seen many cadets just wear the blues belt with the chrome buckle.  I dont make a bif deal about it but I do inform them that they need to get the BDU belt. "

How would you feel if one of them took note of your UA rigger belt and had some nice words for you?

If you are going to correct someone, then, you should first be correct.  As an NCO in the .mil, when inspecting my guys, I did not make an issue out of something if I were out of compliance myself.  So, I tried to set the example.  I may not have been 100% all the time, but, you temper that with common sense and discretion.

If you are a ranking cadet, or a SM, you should be setting a good example, and practice mentoring those subordinate to you.
I never said I wear a rigger belt you just assumed that, its a enhanced bdu belt(navy blue in color manufactured by BH).

Persona non grata

I think we all can agree that CAP need sto get permission to wear the enhanced BDU belt or riggers belt.   

SPD6696

Quote from: eaker.cadet on August 12, 2011, 06:55:04 PM
I think we all can agree that CAP need sto get permission to wear the enhanced BDU belt or riggers belt.

Yes.  100%.  Along with some other common sense things.
"You are
  What you do