New ES Patch --need help posting the picture

Started by zonaman, July 12, 2011, 10:43:29 AM

zonaman

Hello everyone it's been awhile since I've been on CAP Talk. I started a similar topic awhile back and have not been able to use my computer since.

At that time a couple people offered to help me post the picture via email (I'm still to new to do so). I am hoping someone might help me again.

I'm really intrested in what everyone has to say about this redesign of the ES patch.

Thank you!!

Eclipse

Post the image somewhere like Imageshack or similar, then post the link here using the I mg tags.

"That Others May Zoom"

afgeo4

GEORGE LURYE

Eclipse

Self-initiated redesign by Mr. zonaman, apparently.

"That Others May Zoom"

zonaman

Here it is. . . thanks Eclipse.

[image removed]

The red border is for lives that have been saved.
The flaming sword represents the strength and integrity of CAP.
The wings represent CAP pilots.
The blue around the wings represents the sky.
The black backround represents lives lost.
The green banner represents land the ground team has searshed.

zonaman

lordmonar

Why the subdued colors?

What does the Sword and Flames have to do with Emergency Services?

Why USAF-AUX-ES.....why not just EMERGENCY SERVICES and put CAP somewhere inside the logo?

Finally....why?

Not that I like the Pluto Patch all that much....do we really need to change it?  I currently were mine...but I am not going to wear it on my next uniform.  I would not be against a move to just eliminate it all together.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

Kind of ugly in general and I doubt the blue borders along the edge of the wings and sword would show up well on an actual patch. 
The USAF-Aux thing won't fly (so to speak). 

Eclipse

Inappropriate use of colors.

Inappropriate shape for an ES patch.

In appropriate use of the sword (we are non-combatant, especially in ES).

USAF Aux has already been removed from other CAP insignia.

I give you props for shaping the scroll...

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Don't like it. Too many elements that aren't related to us. And I seriously doubt the mostly subdued colors would fly either.

I think our current ES patch is just fine, just wish it were a tad bit smaller. It's a homage to the original, and I like the original.

zonaman

You all brought up good points.

Thanks everyone.  That's why wanted your input.

zonaman

I hope this is fits for CAP. I tried to incorporate all the comments.

By reillyhut at 2011-07-12

Eclipse

I'll ask since I'm handy.

What's the intention for this?

"That Others May Zoom"

zonaman

I'm hoping to eventually get it sent it to national, not to replace the the ES patch, but to at least be an option.

It wont bother me if this patch never makes it, but it would be nice to have more of a modern patch option.
If someone other than myself gets their patch approved, all power to them.

I just wanted the opinions of everyone on CAP Talk before I send it up the chain.

Hawk200

Honestly, I don't see the point. It's great that you are taking initiative on something, but I don't think this is something really worth pursuing. It doesn't really do anything for us.

Eclipse

In that format it is doomed - shields are for HQ units, not qualifications.

Further, you should know that the ES patch is not universally loved, and a lot of us would like to see it retired completely, so if
a change were made, it is more likely it goes away than adds another option.

The patches harken back to a time when there were no ES badges for GT members, and I think the majority of us would prefer
that a general ES specialty badge were created for those non-operational ES specialties, and lose the T-34 and SARDog.

"That Others May Zoom"

zonaman

I get it. I didn't realize it was on the verge of being discontinued (or should be).

I keep hearing from people, and reading posts that not a lot of people like the "snoopy patch".
So I thought I would take the initiative by designing a newer, more modern patch that most people would like to wear on their uniform.

Also I didn't realize that about the shield patch. Should this ever happen, the patch needs to be the circle design with or with out rockers? or is there some other design I don't know about.

Eclipse

It's Pluto, BTW, if anything.

A disc would be more appropriate than a shield, but considering this is not a unit insignia, I'm not sure where this would fall in the heraldry guidelines.
Here's some resources:
http://www.usafpatches.com/pubs/afheraldryguide.pdf

http://www.afhra.af.mil/organizationalrecords/guide.asp

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

why not just make an ES version of the Communications patch and wear it in the same place (left pocket of BDU)
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

zonaman

Quote from: cap235629 on July 13, 2011, 04:21:51 AM
why not just make an ES version of the Communications patch and wear it in the same place (left pocket of BDU)

In that format it is doomed - shields are for HQ units, not qualifications

I don't get it. Isn't the commutations patch a shield? . or maybe this is another 39-1 blackhole mystery.

Otherwise that's not a bad idea except that you would have to choose one or the other insted of being able to wear both. I still like the idea.