Main Menu

Short Stacking

Started by Zen Master Charlie, July 05, 2011, 01:05:24 AM

abdsp51

I just have to say that when I was a dual enrolled cadet I was allowed to wear all of my AFJROTC ribbons as long as I was active in the program.  When I graduated I removed them and wore only my CAP ribbons.  Being active now when I wear my blues I wear my ribbons and if said now banned cadet thinks that CAP ribbons are a pain to keep up with trying keeping up with the active folks from any branch whom once they are up there any new ribbon can cause someone to shell out a few bucks to over a hundred depending on the route they went. 

lordmonar

Which part do you resent?

The part where I say cadets are stupid....or the part where I say Seniors are stupid?   8)

If you are tired of cadets misrepesenting you.......be a peer leader and stop them befor they sound like a doofus.

I know on senior side of things....we don't hold back....if a senior member is out of line we let them know.....I myself have been told to crank it down a time or two.
>:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: lordmonar on July 09, 2011, 11:21:55 PM

The part where I say cadets are stupid....or the part where I say Seniors are stupid?   8)

If you are tired of cadets misrepesenting you.......be a peer leader and stop them befor they sound like a doofus.

I know on senior side of things....we don't hold back....if a senior member is out of line we let them know.....I myself have been told to crank it down a time or two.
I resent the combination of comments. Cadets can be stupid, yes, but a majority of the ones I know aren't. And some senior are mean old farts, but a far bigger majority that I know aren't.

As far as trying to stop them, usually I can't get to them before you guys do and therefore I just leave them to their own devices.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

jimmydeanno

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on July 10, 2011, 12:54:30 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on July 09, 2011, 11:21:55 PM

I resent the combination of comments. Cadets can be stupid, yes, but a majority of the ones I know aren't. And some senior are mean old farts, but a far bigger majority that I know aren't.

As far as trying to stop them, usually I can't get to them before you guys do and therefore I just leave them to their own devices.

Hey YOU, Cadet!  Get off my lawn!

In my experience, the cadets are usually pretty well versed in their program.  Problems ensue when seniors who don't work with cadets try to interject their cadet program expertise.  I run into this a lot.  For example, "You cadets obviously don't know how to do color guard correctly, let me show you how we did it in the Army, in 'Nam."

The thousands of cadet activities that I've participated in have never had any real issues with the cadets or the CPOs, just the non-CPOs, like Safety Officers who overstep their bounds, or legal officers, but I digress.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on July 10, 2011, 12:54:30 AM

One reason I like to work with cadets...this is from a TV series from long before you were born, called "Taxi," which had a character called "Crazy Jim," played by actor Christopher Lloyd:

"There's a little Obi-Wan Kenobi in all of us."

Obi-Wan could be a crotchety old fart when he wanted to, but overall he was just trying to be a teacher.

I think most seniors who work with cadets have the same goal.

As a former Safety Officer, one of the most hated/misunderstood officer positions in CAP, I know a lot of cadets saw me as a big killjoy.  My objective was that they not get hurt.  Did I overreach sometimes?  Probably.  However, I would rather have done that and had the cadets call me vile names behind my back than to slack off and have some young person end up in the ER, or worse.

Bottom line: there is nothing said on CAPTalk that is worth giving yourself an ulcer over.  There are times when I get frustrated, too, but my way of dealing with that is just to back off and stay away for a bit.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011