Cadet Programs Technician Rating from former Earhart Cadet?

Started by CAP.is.1337, May 12, 2011, 07:34:15 PM

CAP.is.1337

QuoteCAPP 216
Advanced Ratings. In recognition of their experience, former cadets who earned the Earhart Award are
eligible to receive the Technician Rating in the Cadet Programs Specialty Track upon becoming a
senior member.  Likewise, former cadets who earned the Spaatz Award are eligible to receive the
Senior Rating. These advanced ratings are awarded on an individual basis. Former cadets who qualify
for these awards should submit a written request, approved by their unit commander, to HQ CAP/DP.

I have a question regarding the process for receiving a Technician Cadet Programs rating as a former Earhart recipient. In talking to NHQ, I was told that there is no form I can fill out; it has to be in the form of a signed letter, sent or emailed to them. Is there a sample letter anywhere to use as a basis for mine? Is there a certain type that I can look up in Tongue & Quill?
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

Eclipse

A standard, military formatted letter on squadron letterhead from the CC should suffice.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

CAP.is.1337

Thank you for the quick responses... Well, I guess its time to reacquaint myself with 10-1 and Tongue and Quill...
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

SARDOC

My Squadron Commandeer just sends an Email to the Personnel Staff at NHQ and with the member's CAPID and their Award number...and magically within a Day or two it shows up in the database.  If you want the promotion that comes with that too you have to do the CAPF2 and attach it to the same email.  Good Luck