Scientists Propose a One-Way Manned Mission to Mars

Started by FARRIER, November 28, 2010, 04:09:52 PM

Smithsonia

I saw this article last week and considered that I'd like to nominate several CAPTALK members for this most prestigious trip. Buh-bye
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

HGjunkie

Saw this a while back. I would volunteer but I don't want to leave my friends/family behind.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DakRadz

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Smithsonia

Kamikaze Eunuchs On Mars - I'll volunteer for the movie but not the mission.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

a2capt

Hey, if it's really truly for the purpose of furthering mankind... Of course, there would have to be identifiable milestones, and some of them met before launch day, to show that the project as a whole is going forward.

.. you'd be in the history books for sure. ;)

Eclipse

Quote from: HGjunkie on November 28, 2010, 04:55:27 PM
Saw this a while back. I would volunteer but I don't want to leave my friends/family behind.

Just take the mirror with you!

"That Others May Zoom"

Smithsonia

On second thought intel developed in the 50s indicated that Mars was crawling with Venusian Babes looking to mate with earthing men.
http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Outer-Space-Zsa-Gabor/dp/B000OHZJNW

Unfortunately one of them is Zsa Zsa Gabor and she's not doing so well. And being that this is a possibility... my wife won't let me go.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

HGjunkie

Quote from: Eclipse on November 28, 2010, 08:47:44 PM
Quote from: HGjunkie on November 28, 2010, 04:55:27 PM

Just take the mirror with you!
>:(
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

Why I aughtta beat yo' arses...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

Quote from: Eclipse on November 28, 2010, 08:47:44 PMJust take the mirror with you!
LOL.. PWNED, yeah. Woohoo! That was classic.
Quote from: HGjunkie on November 28, 2010, 09:47:40 PMWhy I aughtta...
.. Come on, finish your thoughts. It's good for you. "Why I oughta pound you!

(as the song in rotation comes on, Boney M, Nightflight to Venus)

♠SARKID♠

I'd go, but over 20 years of watching sci-fi flicks has taught me that you don't want to be trapped on a strange planet when the other people in your crew start going space crazy.  That and the sheer boredom would probably lead to my death when, while trying to entertain ourselves, my helmet cracks during a bout of low gravity rover-jousting.

caphornbuckle

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 29, 2010, 03:05:07 AM
I'd go, but over 20 years of watching sci-fi flicks has taught me that you don't want to be trapped on a strange planet when the other people in your crew start going space crazy.  That and the sheer boredom would probably lead to my death when, while trying to entertain ourselves, my helmet cracks during a bout of low gravity rover-jousting.

Just don't wear a red shirt and you should be fine!   ;D
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

DakRadz

[Filter subversion], have I mentioned I love this place?