Is there a Scott Crossfield award database?

Started by ascorbate, November 07, 2010, 05:22:39 PM

ascorbate

Was wondering if there is a national CAP database listing A. Scott Crossfield award recipients?
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

FW

The award was administered by CAP until a few years ago.  I'm sure there is a CAP database of award recipients at NHQ; at least for the time CAP granted them.  I think the AFA handles the award now. This would make a good question for the CAP Knowledgebase.

Eclipse

Aren't there actually two different awards, the CAP one and the external one?

"That Others May Zoom"

DBlair

Are we talking about the same Scott Crossfield Award that is given automatically upon getting a Master Rating in the AE specialty track?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

James Shaw

I looked at mine and it has a date and such but no "number" associated.

Talked with NHQ and they are not tracked either. Usually if you know someone who has received their master rating then they should have the Crossfield.

You also have seperate paperwork for the Crossfield. It is not automatic. If you don't apply for it after the master rating then you will not get the Crossfield.

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

ascorbate

Quote from: caphistorian on November 08, 2010, 02:50:29 PM
...Talked with NHQ and they are not tracked either.

So then an indirect way to ascertain who has received a Crossfield Award would be to see who has earned a Master rating in the AE specialty track... does CAP NHQ maintain a database listing of senior officers who have attained a Master rating in the AE specialty track?

It just seems to me that any award given by CAP NHQ should be tracked!

James Shaw

Quote from: ascorbate on November 08, 2010, 03:40:30 PM
So then an indirect way to ascertain who has received a Crossfield Award would be to see who has earned a Master rating in the AE specialty track... does CAP NHQ maintain a database listing of senior officers who have attained a Master rating in the AE specialty track?

The commanders have access to CAPWatch that can be downloaded for their respective squadrons or command. It will list the personnel specialty tracks in there. You could realistically get a sense of who "should" have the A.S. Crossfield. Remember it is not automatic it has to be applied for seperately after the master rating is earned.

I earned my Master in AE on 03/24/05 and received my Crossfield on 09/01/05.

That would be alot of tracking for alot of different types of awards.

There are only a few of the "awards" tracked. You can find that thread in a search.
Jim Shaw

flyboy53

Come to think about it, mine doesn't have a number either. The award, however, isn't controlled by the people in Professional Development and doesn't get reported in e-services.

I would think, though that the AE folks may be able to reconstruct a data base based on the date they issued the certificate.

It would be kind of nice to know how many Corrsfield Awards are out there. Numbering the awards gives it a whole new level of credibility. I think I'm only aware of two.

Trung Si Ma

Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

ltcmark

caphornbuckle

Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

flyboy53

Quote from: caphistorian on November 08, 2010, 03:59:47 PM
Quote from: ascorbate on November 08, 2010, 03:40:30 PM

The commanders have access to CAPWatch that can be downloaded for their respective squadrons or command. It will list the personnel specialty tracks in there. You could realistically get a sense of who "should" have the A.S. Crossfield. Remember it is not automatic it has to be applied for seperately after the master rating is earned.

I earned my Master in AE on 03/24/05 and received my Crossfield on 09/01/05.

That would be alot of tracking for alot of different types of awards.

There are only a few of the "awards" tracked. You can find that thread in a search.

AEOs, especially the Wing DAE, also have that capability. The report that person has access to lists all Yeager Awards and speciality track progression of anyone who took any of the AE speciality track tests on-line.

ascorbate

Quote from: flyboy1 on November 09, 2010, 11:43:26 AM
AEOs, especially the Wing DAE, also have that capability. The report that person has access to lists all Yeager Awards and speciality track progression of anyone who took any of the AE speciality track tests on-line.

As PDO for the Wing, I was able to access the 11 senior officers who have completed a Master rating in AE in the report titled "Member Specialty Track Report" I'm making an educated guess that this report only contains current members who have earned the Master rating in AE. Those who are no longer CAP members... and yet earned a Master rating in AE would be missing from this report.

BTW: How long has the A. Scott Crossfield award been around... I don't remember it being a CAP award in my cadet days which ended in the early 1980s.

flyboy53

Can't find an exact date in any of my materials. I'm assuming, however, that it dates back to 1986 when the award for teachers was created. I would suspect that Scott Crossfield had a role in the creation of both awards.

CAP_truth

Make mine #6  with no number on it. As DAE for my wing we have 21 active members who hold a master rating in Aerospace Education
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Flying Pig

Are you trying to confirm someone earned one?  It will be on their e-services wont it?

ascorbate

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 12, 2010, 10:03:42 PM
Are you trying to confirm someone earned one?  It will be on their e-services wont it?

Mine never posted in e-Services, but that wasn't why I posted the original question.

James Shaw

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 12, 2010, 10:03:42 PM

The Crossfield does not showup in eservices. Only the Master Rating in AE will b seen. A good indication they have the Crossfield.
Jim Shaw