Main Menu

ID Card Picture

Started by ELTHunter, December 14, 2006, 03:58:17 AM

ELTHunter

I finally got around to taking my picture for my photo ID.  So, I set the camera on Portrait setting at 5.1 mp.  I took the shot and downloaded the photo into the PC.  Pulled it up in Photoshop and resized it to 1.5 x 1 inch and 30 kb in file size.  Everything looked good (well, except the actual subject of the photograph).  I uploaded to NHQ and noticed that it got approved a day or two ago.

Today, I get an e-mail from NHQ that my photo "is not clear and appears pixilated".  I took another tonight using the suggestions on the website, which are basically what I did before, except it recommends using the lowest setting, so I switched to 1.8 mp.  I don't have a lot of faith that it will turn out better.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

Pylon

When you're reducing in size, make sure you're not reducing in pixels as well.  In other words, you'd be increasing dpi by decreasing the size -- not decreasing the total amount of pixels in the file.

If that doesn't make sense, perhaps read this:  http://www.istockphoto.com/article_view.php?ID=82

Hope that brief summary sets you in the right direction.   :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Psicorp

So NHQ is far more picky about the image quality of our faces than about the MajCom emblem, huh?  Interesting.   

Sorry...don't mean to stir up that thread again.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

lordmonar

Quote from: Psicorp on December 14, 2006, 03:38:31 PM
So NHQ is far more picky about the image quality of our faces than about the MajCom emblem, huh?  Interesting.   

Sorry...don't mean to stir up that thread again.

The fixed the MAJCOM patch already.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP