Cadet to Senior Packages

Started by ZackN, September 22, 2010, 09:25:54 PM

ZackN

Does anyone know of anywhere where I can purchase a Cadet to Senior Member Uniform Package? I don't need the uniforms themselves, just the new flight cap, rank insignias, cap device, etc...Everything a Cadet needs when he/she transitions to senior member.

I know the Hock Shop used to offer them, but It doesn't appear that they do anymore.

Thanks,
Zack

spacecommand

Vanguard...
http://www.vanguardmil.com

You'll have to purchase them individually instead of a packaged deal which I don't think exists.

Officer flight cap is cheaper at hock shop.

Eclipse

Grade and CAP-specific insignia from VG, cap and USAF parts from AAFES.

"That Others May Zoom"

ZackN

I knew I should have purchased them while the Hock was offering it.....Maybe they'll do it again. Not sure why vanguard doesn't offer it though....Seems a bit silly to me to have to purchase each individual insignia for a transition

HGjunkie

Quote from: ZackN on September 22, 2010, 09:56:24 PM
Maybe they'll do it again.
Not anytime in the future if Vanwrapguard gets their way.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

JC004

Майор Хаткевич

Both of HGJunkies insinuations are NHQ turf not Vanguard.

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

vmstan

Quote from: ZackN on September 22, 2010, 09:25:54 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere where I can purchase a Cadet to Senior Member Uniform Package? I don't need the uniforms themselves, just the new flight cap, rank insignias, cap device, etc...Everything a Cadet needs when he/she transitions to senior member.

I know the Hock Shop used to offer them, but It doesn't appear that they do anymore.

Thanks,
Zack

Regrettably, Hock is not allow to sell anything with the CAP insignia on it anymore. Hopefully Vanguard will offer a similar package soon, but until then you'll just have to order it piece by piece.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

Persona non grata

What grade do you need for the blues?
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

jimmydeanno

There is no grade requirement for wearing any of our uniforms (except mess dress, which is limited to seniors), simply that you meet the grooming and weight standards for them.  Even the C/AB, just by virtue of being a cadet, can wear full service dress, should they choose.

So, a new SM can wear blues the first day their membership goes through.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 27, 2010, 07:24:41 PM
There is no grade requirement for wearing any of our uniforms (except mess dress, which is limited to seniors), simply that you meet the grooming and weight standards for them.  Even the C/AB, just by virtue of being a cadet, can wear full service dress, should they choose.

So, a new SM can wear blues the first day their membership goes through.

Not exactly. They need to complete Level I first.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jimmydeanno

Quote from: SarDragon on September 27, 2010, 07:29:51 PM

Come again?  I can't recall ever seeing this, could you point me to the relevant reg?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ßτε

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 27, 2010, 09:30:22 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on September 27, 2010, 07:29:51 PM

Come again?  I can't recall ever seeing this, could you point me to the relevant reg?
CAPR 50-17
Quote3-1. Participation. CAP requires senior members to complete Level I training prior to receiving any assigned duty position in the unit, directly supervising cadets on their own, being allowed to wear the Air Force-style CAP uniform, becoming eligible for promotion, or enrolling in AU A4/6 courses.

jimmydeanno

Thanks. 

Seems a bit silly to me, and I anticipated it would have been in the uniform manual.

But it is what it is.

Thanks again.

Eclipse

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 28, 2010, 03:09:21 AM
Seems a bit silly to me...

You're not really a member until and if you complete Level I.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

You're a member when you show up on the roster.  Just like a cadet is *really* a cadet, even though they haven't completed the Curry.

Allowing them to wear every uniform except one is absurd.

If you are wearing it correctly, I see no legitimate reason to deny the wearing of our uniform to someone who is a member simply because they haven't passed EEO yet...

Eclipse

I have no idea why they made the distinction, perhaps as an incentive to actually get Level 1 completed (or properly recorded), which is still an issue in some parts.

It might be a fine line, but you can't do anything of consequence or impact until L1 is completed - no ES, no unsupervised cadet activity, nothing other than your own ramp-up.

It might also have something to do with the assumption that non-prior military members would not be trained properly in the customs and courtesies that go along with our uniforms, which would be especially a problem for the USAF combos.

"That Others May Zoom"

ZackN

Quote from: Marshalus on September 27, 2010, 05:19:57 PM
Quote from: ZackN on September 22, 2010, 09:25:54 PM

Thanks,
Zack

Regrettably, Hock is not allow to sell anything with the CAP insignia on it anymore. Hopefully Vanguard will offer a similar package soon, but until then you'll just have to order it piece by piece.

That is so regrettably unfortunate....As if buying all of your uniform items/gear wasn't expensive enough.  Eaker.Cadet, I need 2LT but I also have a list of items that I need to order since they now require you to do it piece by piece. That package that the hock sold was spectacular.

Also, I've already completed lvl1 plus all required coursework and then some. No issue  :)

BillB

The Hock can still sell BDU uniform packages, less the CAP specific insignia.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

a2capt

The point with the Level 1 & Curry is to introduce you to the C&C's and uniform regulation. Without that it's presumed that one would probably not  either understand or yet possess the complete uniform and thus, would not wear it properly.

davidsinn

Quote from: a2capt on September 30, 2010, 06:31:40 PM
The point with the Level 1 & Curry is to introduce you to the C&C's and uniform regulation. Without that it's presumed that one would probably not  either understand or yet possess the complete uniform and thus, would not wear it properly.

The difference is that a uniform is required to be worn correctly to earn your Curry yet is prohibited before lvl 1.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn