AEPSM - Yeager award-ribbon study materials

Started by BradM, September 13, 2010, 06:01:50 PM

BradM

What are the stydy materials necessary so I can begin to work on the AEPSM Yeager award and take the test online? Are there some pdf files I can download?
Thank you,
BradM
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

ßτε

In eServices, left column. Aerospace Downloads
The test is supposed to cover Aerospace: The Journey of Flight 2nd Edition

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: bte on September 13, 2010, 06:07:10 PM
In eServices, left column. Aerospace Downloads
The test is supposed to cover Aerospace: The Journey of Flight 2nd Edition

It can probably be goggled just as easy though, which is sad. :(

vento

Buy the book that bte mentioned in his post. It beats reading the PDF files and you will actually enjoy learning from it.

jimmydeanno

I really don't know why it is in a "secure" area in the first place.  There isn't anything in it that is top secret.  It makes me wonder, if our mission is Aerospace Education, why would we want to restrict our resource of education from anyone who wanted it?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

BradM

Quote from: vento on September 13, 2010, 07:46:02 PM
Buy the book that bte mentioned in his post. It beats reading the PDF files and you will actually enjoy learning from it.

Where can I buy the book?
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

vento

BradM

Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

Eclipse

Your unit should have several copies you can borrow...

"That Others May Zoom"

spacecommand

Depending on how much you know about aviation and space history and how much you remember about clouds and the planets in school, you can probably take the test cold turkey and pass.  Also if you were a cadet before, you shouldn't have any major problems passing it either.

The book itself is a good read if you need to brush up on materials.

Майор Хаткевич

I've been inactive as a cadet for 2+ years and took it cold turkey in about 40mins for a passing score of 90%.

BradM

Quote from: spacecommand on September 13, 2010, 11:05:05 PM
Depending on how much you know about aviation and space history and how much you remember about clouds and the planets in school, you can probably take the test cold turkey and pass.  Also if you were a cadet before, you shouldn't have any major problems passing it either.

The book itself is a good read if you need to brush up on materials.

I think for myself I would need to study the materials. I havent been in the aviation field nor a cadet. In college I studied accounting and afterwards for fun I took my saxophone out of mothballs and took jazz music lessons. :) I did take an astronomy class in junior college.
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

BradM

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on September 13, 2010, 11:40:04 PM
I've been inactive as a cadet for 2+ years and took it cold turkey in about 40mins for a passing score of 90%.

How many questions are on the test?
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

flyboy53

There are 100.

MA Wing used to do intensive weekend seminars and you took the test closed book. That's how I originally got mine. However, I've been known to log into e-services and take the test cold when I'm bored. I haven't failed it yet.

You won't regret it and it gives you a pretty good idea what the cadets are exposed to.

AirDX

Quote from: spacecommand on September 13, 2010, 11:05:05 PM
Dyou can probably take the test cold turkey and pass.

When I found the test was online, and I could just take it at will, I did exactly that.  93% on the first shot. 
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.