Renewed membership, but where is my grade?

Started by SARTAC Medic, July 10, 2010, 01:43:23 PM

SARTAC Medic

Hope someone can help me out here. 

I've been a member since 1995 as a cadet, and transitioned to being  senior member receiving an advanced grade of 1Lt from my Earhart Award. 

Recently I renewed my membership after a 18 months lapsed and had to reapply and resubmit my FBI check.   I am listed through e-services as a member, and can access all my information online. None of my ES quals, my encampments, etc are missing..... but my 1LT grade has not come through yet.   

Do I need to submit my paperwork for the promotion again, or is it just a lag because of the back ground? 

David A Collins, 1LT(?), CAP
Suffolk Cadet Squadron 9
NER-NY-311
NY Wing SARTAC

FW

Resubmit your paperwork. Make sure you give proof of your Earhart. Former grade is not automatic.

SARTAC Medic

Thank you. Will re-submit paper work ASAP. 
NY Wing SARTAC

Lt Oliv

Your promotion is not automatic. You actually need to request promotion as if you never had it awarded in the first place.

You need to run a new F2 up the chain. You can request appointment based on Cadet Award AND Former Member Reinstatement.

Your Personnel Officer can probably help you out. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, the approving authority for a 1LT promotion is the squadron commander.

Hope this helps.

RiverAux

Sounds like he already held the grade as a senior member, so this would apply CAPR35-5
Quote3-8. Former Members. A former member may be reinstated to the same grade held prior to voluntary membership termination, provided he or she qualifies for that grade under current criteria (including applicable senior member professional development criteria). A recommendation for such reinstatement is neither automatic nor mandatory. If approved, the appointment will not be retroactive, and the date of grade will be the date validated by National Headquarters upon reinstatement.

dwb

Welcome back to CAP!  Now we just need to get you back at encampment.  :)

Lt Oliv

Quote from: RiverAux on July 11, 2010, 12:04:41 AM
Sounds like he already held the grade as a senior member, so this would apply CAPR35-5
Quote3-8. Former Members. A former member may be reinstated to the same grade held prior to voluntary membership termination, provided he or she qualifies for that grade under current criteria (including applicable senior member professional development criteria). A recommendation for such reinstatement is neither automatic nor mandatory. If approved, the appointment will not be retroactive, and the date of grade will be the date validated by National Headquarters upon reinstatement.

Yes, but to properly process a reinstatement, you need to include the documentation that brought you to that grade when you last served in CAP.

So, for example, in this case, he was awarded the grade for a Cadet Award. He would need to submit proof that he received said award and ideally the CAPF 2 that promoted him the first time.

However, this is all what goes into the process when a higher promoting authority is at play.

In this situation, a promotion to First Lieutenant is up to the Squadron Commander. So run the form, have him sign it and send it off to NHQ and a First Lieutenant shall you be once more.

This is an easy one. Normally, I end up processing special promotions that require Wing or Region approval, and those generally require documentation.

The point is, though, that a CAPF 2 is needed, you cannot just send proof you received the Earhart to NHQ and expect to be promoted.

ßτε

It sounds like you may have reapplied instead of doing a late renewal.

Did you pay retroactive dues?

Is your membership renewal date based on your old membership, or is it now based on when you rejoined.

If you did actually renew (paid two years of dues and have a renewal date based on your original membership), your grade should have been automatically reinstated with the original date of grade.

If you reapplied instead, your commander will need to submit an approved CAPF 2 to reinstate the grade.