Black Gloves For Wear With Service Uniform

Started by MIKE, November 27, 2006, 10:12:27 PM

MIKE

Are there special "dress gloves" for these uniforms... Or are the D3A type what is normally worn... Same as with the BDU.

I have a pair of these I have been wearing with ECWCS, but they are kind of bulky and don't look right with the overcoat.  They aren't all-leather either.

...And does AAFES MCSS usually stock the gloves and the gray/white scarf to go with 'em?
Mike Johnston

DNall

Any dress glove is fine, isotonners too. Unlike a lot of things this really is no big deal. You'll be wearing them outside moving from one place to another, not in the office where you're taking meetings. Just so they're professional & understated. You can vary the scarf a bit as well, but yes the official stuff is avail from AAFES.

MIKE

I know what CAPM 39-1 says... I'm looking more for what the USAF does in actual practice. 
Mike Johnston

DNall

Right, that's it. There are actually very nice leather dress gloves avail, but they are a bit pricy. The isotoners are perfectly legit in the AF, and really a better deal if you tend to be like me & misplace stuff like that, and sunglasses, & watches, really anything i spend a bunch on gets smashed or lost in short order, but I buy the cheapo version & it seems to last forever even tho I got it to be easily replacable. Ain't that just the way. Any body else that can provide better guidance please do so, but that's what I've seen & done on the real mil side.

LtCol White

There is a nice black leather glove avail at MCCS. Not very expensive. Has a crinklely look to the leather. That is the standard issue glove that can be worn with the service uniform. The drawstring gloves worn with BDU's should not be worn with the service dress.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Hawk200

Quote from: LtCol White on November 28, 2006, 08:58:09 PM
There is a nice black leather glove avail at MCCS. Not very expensive. Has a crinklely look to the leather. That is the standard issue glove that can be worn with the service uniform. The drawstring gloves worn with BDU's should not be worn with the service dress.

I've seen that even in the military. I still don't know how to tell people that although it may be legal, it looks really tacky!!!!

RogueLeader

It could be that some people don't want to have more than one pair of gloves for whatever reason  :-\
WYWG DP

GRW 3340