Airport Location?

Started by Critical AOA, July 13, 2012, 06:15:17 PM

AirDX

We have three t-hangars at PHNL, two permanently occupied by aircraft and one available for transients.  Space is donated by the state.  We have a building on the airport boundary which is state-owned, for which we pay utilities and maintenance.  This building houses the Wing HQ and a flight that will soon probably be a senior squadron.  It also houses the Wing administrator and State Director, has classroom space available to all, a comm room with HF and VHF radios, an ops room which is activated for missions, Logistics storage space, the Wing chaplain's office, and doubles as billeting when off-island groups come in for meetings or activities.

Across the field, the 66th Composite Squadron has their meeting and storage space at Hangar 13 on the Hickam flightline.  The Air Force provides everything there except internet access.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Critical AOA

Quote from: Thrashed on July 14, 2012, 09:23:04 PM
Our squadron is about 30 minutes from the nearest airport and 90 minutes from the nearest CAP plane.  :(

That is sad.   Though it makes me feel a little better about our situation.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Critical AOA

Several of you do have quite nice accommodations based upon what you wrote.  I hope that we can find a way to move that direction.  Thanks for the input.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw