The FCUP and why cadets should request them immediately

Started by jimmydeanno, September 19, 2008, 03:17:10 PM

Pylon

Quote from: Sleepwalker on September 22, 2008, 04:26:33 PM
DC,

Thanks for the tip!  We may try doing that ourselves if you have had better luck doing it that way.   

We do the same here.

On membership in-processing night, we take applications & checks for new members.  They go through several stations (paperwork, uniforms, photo, etc.).  They try on blues from our existing stock of uniforms for size, and it gets recorded on a sheet.  When the membership applications process and the recruits show up in E-services, I just need to grab that sheet and enter a handful of FCU requests.  Takes about 10-20 minutes depending how many you have.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NIN

The old FCU process was a "push":  the user (cadet) requested the FCU as part of their new member paperwork (CAPF 15) and it went to NHQ and "pushed"  the process.  

The current process is a "pull," in that expects the user (cadet or parents) to take action to instantiate the FCU process.   A push process is often event driven, where as a pull process often waits for either time or user action to start.  

There is a lot of room for error with a "pull" when you're expecting a 13 year old cadet to do it.  Or his 35 year old mom who is not terribly computer-literate.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.