Cadet Programs Academy for Seniors

Started by TDHenderson, January 07, 2008, 04:49:41 PM

TDHenderson

As part of the Iowa Wing 6-WTA (Wing Training Assembly) Officers Training School (OTS) for Senior Officers and NCO's we are developing a 2-WTA Cadet Programs Academy to be offered for those in OTS with an interest in Cadet Programs.  Below are a few options I am considering for the proposal and would like your input.

1.  1st WTA - Training Leaders of Cadets program.
     2nd WTA - OJT - help with Cadet Testing (academic and PT), ML, AE, Record keeping, and any other Cadet activities during the WTA.

2.  1st WTA - TLC/TXWG STEP hybrid program (take the best of both).
     2nd WTA - OJT - help with Cadet Testing (academic and PT), ML, AE, Record keeping, and any other Cadet activities during the WTA.

If you had two full weekends to train new members in Cadet Programs what would you offer for training?

Regards,
Trevor

CadetProgramGuy

Anti Hazing Cream.......

Anti I got officer's Bars and you don't,  so you need to listen to me or else ointment.

WIWAC forbiddness

How not to become an IG magnet

arajca

Probably the first thing you should do is figure out what outcome you want from it. What measurable goals do you have for the students? How will you determine if the goals were met?

I'd recommend running the full TLC. Provides for completing one requirement for Senior CP rating and covers what National wants covered. I'm not familiar with the TXWG STEP program, so I can't say anything about it.

Since ML has to be conducted by a Chaplain, MLO, or commander, I don't know how much I would go into it for anyone not in one of those categories.

TDHenderson

The major goal, in my mind, is to give the new CAP member a good overall view of the Cadet Program (via TLC) and some actual practical OJT (working with Cadets in testing, activities, record keeping, etc) before they return to their units so they are ready to step into CP positions.

The final curriculum for this will be co-developed by the Wing CP group and the Squadrons and training will be done by both.  This will ensure that the training is standardized and supervised by the same people that will be working with the new members when they graduate from the IAWG OTS.