Where do I find descriptions of ES jobs

Started by flyguy06, February 07, 2008, 02:51:56 AM

flyguy06

What manual can I go to find the description of the various ES specialites. I know I can go to the SQTR's to find what I need to do to get qualified. I am cool with that. But where can I go to get a description of the duties? Like for instance the duties of the Air Ops brach Dir or the difference between Agency Liasion 1, 2, and 3 or IC 1, 2, and 3?

jeders

The relavent reference texts might have those.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Brad

CAPR 60-1 and CAPR 60-3 are good places to start.

Also http://www.cap-es.net is a great resource.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

flyguy06

Nope. CAPR 60-3 gives qualifications, not job discriptions. But that other link was a little helpful for Mission Aircrew stuff. But I couldnt find anything on Incident Commander or Agency Liasion

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Pace

Check in the back of this for what CAP-USAF expects of each CAP ES specialty: CAP-USAFI 10-2701

Edit: Starts on page 52
Lt Col, CAP

flyguy06

That was a little bit better. But for those of you that were in CAP in the 90's you will remember in one of the manuals, it listed each ES speciality and a line by line duty description. Whatever happened to that manual?

Pace

It's sitting at the bottom of a drawer somewhere at NHQ.
Lt Col, CAP

RiverAux

Well, most of our job descriptions would match up with the generic job descriptions used in the ICS nomenclature.  CAP has a few oddballs in aircrew and gt programs, but our staff job descriptions should be the same as used by all the other ES organizations in the country.  I'm not quite sure we really think of it that way, but we should.