Aviation retirement

Started by Flying Pig, October 16, 2012, 01:45:52 AM

Flying Pig

Not CAP related, but definitely Aviation related.  One of our pilots recently retired this past June with 27,000+ hours and 47 years of service in Law Enforcement.  A company put this together for us. 

Retirement of an Eagle on Vimeo

bosshawk

Neat, Rob: did you get promoted?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

NIN

Neato!  Thats an impressive career.

Operational question, Rob: You guys often exit the aircraft and leave the controls unmanned with blades still turning?

I'm assuming that the blades are winding down, but yikes!

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

Yes. We dont usually walk away like that but I dont sit in it. After you cut the throttle there is no need to sit at the controls. I usually get out and do a post flight walk around while they are spinning down, open the cowls and check the engine, listen for any weird sounds or grinding, creeking, etc. We have a rotor brake but Jim never used it. You can put in a full control deflection after you cut the throttle and nothing happens.  In additon the controls have friction locks as well.

Paul,  Not really promoted but I moved from full time airplane part time helo to full time helo, part time airplane.  Not a bad way to make a living :)