Aerial Photos of Airports

Started by ecastle, March 25, 2012, 08:03:53 PM

ecastle

I recently lost all of the information on my computer including all of my internet shortcuts. One site I used to use a lot was a CAP unit maintained web site that listed all of the airports in in the US by state, with aerial views from the north, south, east and west. (each state had its own page with an airport list) This was a great flight planning tool as it allowed me to see what the airport would look like from the direction I would see it during the flight, as well as other things - like buildings and towers - around the airport that would aid in identification (great for checkpoint identification during VFR).

Anyway, I originally found the site by accident and bookmarked it. I always clicked my bookmarked shortcut, and never paid much attention to the actual web site address.

Does this web site sound familiar to anyone? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

E.

peter rabbit

I don't know the website but have used another method to do the same thing. I get the airport lat/long from the AOPA website or other source, then use Goggle Earth to view how I will be approaching. I've also used the same technique when flying missions to view buildings or other targets of what I will be photographing on ADIS missions.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

That used to be a CAP website (off NHQ's page, originally). Not sure if CAP spun it off or what, but the photos were getting pretty old.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.