Initial Grade - Commercial/Instrument Pilot

Started by fish7days, January 20, 2022, 12:45:42 AM

fish7days

How likely is it for a Squadron Commander to recommend an initial grade of 1st Lt. to a Commercial/Instrument rated pilot (Senior Member) after completing Level I and the first part of Level II of the Education and Program per CAPR 35-2 section 4.3?

Thx
1st Lt - CAP
Transportation Mission Pilot - CSEL / Instrument
South African Infantry Instructor 1983 - 1985
South African Infantry Pro Patria Combat Medal Recipient

Fubar

I don't think I've ever seen any kind of promotion get denied, nobody wants to be the one responsible for hurting someone's feelings.

etodd

Quote from: fish7days on January 20, 2022, 12:45:42 AMHow likely is it for a Squadron Commander to recommend an initial grade of 1st Lt. to a Commercial/Instrument rated pilot (Senior Member) after completing Level I and the first part of Level II of the Education and Program per CAPR 35-2 section 4.3?

"Initial Grades. Members in this category will be enrolled initially as senior members without grade. However, immediately upon completion of Level I and Cadet Protection Program training, the unit commander may recommend the  member for appointment to a grade commensurate with his or her special skill ...."

Discretion of the Commander.  Bring him some coffee.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Are you flying for CAP? Likely.

Not? Less likely.

"That Others May Zoom"

fish7days

Would it not take substantially longer to fly for CAP than to complete Level I and the first part of level II ?
1st Lt - CAP
Transportation Mission Pilot - CSEL / Instrument
South African Infantry Instructor 1983 - 1985
South African Infantry Pro Patria Combat Medal Recipient

jeders

Quote from: fish7days on January 20, 2022, 12:29:23 PMWould it not take substantially longer to fly for CAP than to complete Level I and the first part of level II ?

No, though it really depends on what resources are near by. It's conceivable that a pilot could have a form 5 completed within a week of joining, it's also conceivable that a new member could have level 1 and level 2 part 1 complete in that same week. It just comes down to what motivations the new member has and what resources are nearby.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Holding Pattern

Given how horrible the new ET process is I prioritize promotions that allow people to skip those levels until they have a lot of time to bash their heads against a wall.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: jeders on January 20, 2022, 02:18:44 PM
Quote from: fish7days on January 20, 2022, 12:29:23 PMWould it not take substantially longer to fly for CAP than to complete Level I and the first part of level II ?

No, though it really depends on what resources are near by. It's conceivable that a pilot could have a form 5 completed within a week of joining, it's also conceivable that a new member could have level 1 and level 2 part 1 complete in that same week. It just comes down to what motivations the new member has and what resources are nearby.

That's probably one of the biggies there: Are the resources available to complete it?

If you have one of those "mentors" who never meets with you to wrap up your initial items, then it's going to drag out forever.

Make it a conversation point: "I'd like to complete my Level 1 by (date) so I can complete my Form 5 by (date)."