Fingerprints for new members

Started by Shuman 14, December 02, 2021, 04:00:10 PM

Shuman 14

Is anyone aware of National rejecting fingerprint cards that were printed from a LiveScan station?

When I joined, I when to a local vendor, paid $25.00, got two cards (FBI FB-258) printed and they entered all the data needed on it for Maxwell to process them.

I sent them in without issue and I was approved for Membership.

We had a prospective member come in last night and my Squadron commander insisted that he had to do an old ink and roll fingerprint cards. He said National does not accept LiveScan.

Needless to say, they were pretty jacked up. Did four copies just to be safe and we got ink everywhere.

Can anyone confirm or deny this rejection of LineScan?
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

baronet68

Let me get you a definitive answer on this. 
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

miked95

Did livescan for me and wasn't rejected earlier this year.

TheSkyHornet

I've been told that we need to use the paper cards, of which I ordered an additional stock from NHQ earlier this summer.

CAPR 39-2 states that you must use National's paper card:
Quote3.2.2 --- The screening process requires that the individual complete a FBI fingerprint card used by National Headquarters to request a FBI criminal records check to determine membership eligibility.

It goes on to discuss the process for sending the card in with the CAPF 12 application.

This might be an area to improve the regulation and clarify the requirements, if electronic submissions are now considered acceptable.

baronet68

NHQ has no preference for the ink and roll prints vs LiveScan printed cards. 

We can accept LiveScan prints if they are "printed" on an FD 258.   What we CANNOT accept is the LiveScan electronic print submission.  We just don't have a way to transmit the prints electronically.

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: baronet68 on December 02, 2021, 09:30:17 PMNHQ has no preference for the ink and roll prints vs LiveScan printed cards. 

We can accept LiveScan prints if they are "printed" on an FD 258.   What we CANNOT accept is the LiveScan electronic print submission.  We just don't have a way to transmit the prints electronically.

Clears up my questions. Excellent.

Shuman 14

Quote from: baronet68 on December 02, 2021, 09:30:17 PMNHQ has no preference for the ink and roll prints vs LiveScan printed cards. 

Thank you, I thought that was the correct answer.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Pinecone

FYI, I used a printed from scanner print card for my membership back in September.  It was accepted.

In MD, if you go to the State Police, this is how they do fingerprint cards.  Scan and printer onto the standard card.