Main Menu

ANSI Vests

Started by Stonewall, December 29, 2009, 06:15:17 PM

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Nice stuff, prices are about right as well.

I keep saying that for 99% of CAP ops, these are what we should be wearing.

"That Others May Zoom"

Smithsonia

I've got 2 of his vests. (one vest - one chest pack) I think they are A plus pieces. I use these mostly when I am a PIO/PAO/MIO - I have people coming up from the outside looking for information and they need to report to someone easily identifiable. Mine has a big sign that says PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER. Also, I'll have multiple people moving with me through various environs including the ramp, office, hangar, and perhaps if a TV stations wants an hero shot we'll go down to the runway and catch a plane and crew at lift off or landing. We'll do this at different times of the day and in different lighting conditions.

I'll coordinate using radios (so I have a vest with a radio pocket)... it's a little like being a small time IC. The vest announces who I am and pretty much what I am doing. I think it is invaluable. I also use it on mission and in the cockpit as it keeps maps and survival gear handy. On the ground team I have a different model. I use that one as my 24 hour pack and ANSI compliance all in one. It's easy to keep in the car and ready for duty.

That said the best reason to have it on stand by -- It'll help if you need to fix your wife's flat tire in the middle of the night - or search for your dog who jumped the fence. I've used it on both of those domestic missions too. It just makes life safer. 
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Senior

Cool sight,  forget the vest, look at the Stargate, SG-1 stuff.
I have been looking for a ZAT Holster. 
Gear looks good.

Hoorah

Where Do you buy the ANSI Vests and $ are they?

SarDragon

Did you click the link in the first post? Try it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret