Any experiences with the Attache or laptop bag from Vanguard?

Started by mwhitis, August 17, 2012, 01:33:58 AM

mwhitis

I'm finding myself in need of a bag to haul back and forth to meetings.  Does anyone have any experience with either of the bags available at vanguard?  There's no sizes listed, so was hoping to get some ideas about the size and capacity as well as the durability.

Thanks,

Mike

lordmonar

Why?  I'm not a Vanguard Hater....but I would rather actually see what I was getting before I bought from Vanguard.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

Hence asking.. perhaps someone else did buy it and a better description will do in place of a visual inspection. ;)

Eclipse

And they will be at boards next week (probably), so someone could check it out.

"That Others May Zoom"

Thrashed

Save the triangle thingy

arajca

Al Sayre

I have the blue attache bag http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-attache-bag-blue-p-15236.html  and have no issues with it.  It holds my 15" laptop and a bunch of other stuff with no problem.  I picked it up at the NB in San Diego, and so far it's held up pretty well.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

mwhitis

Quote from: Al Sayre on August 17, 2012, 02:07:38 PM
I have the blue attache bag http://www.vanguardmil.com/civil-air-patrol-attache-bag-blue-p-15236.html  and have no issues with it.  It holds my 15" laptop and a bunch of other stuff with no problem.  I picked it up at the NB in San Diego, and so far it's held up pretty well.

Al, Thanks for the info.  It's much appreciated!  From that description, it sounds like it would meet my needs.

Quote from: arajca on August 17, 2012, 01:26:38 PM
Have you asked Vanguard about the size of the bag?

I've emailed them, but haven't heard anything back yet. I just figured I'd check in here first to see if anyone had used either of them. 

Thanks for everyone's input thus far.

Mike

Eclipse

I'm not sure I'd trust the one Al notes for anything but low-stress commutes.  My experience with those types of logo-wear luggage is that they don't afford much protection to electronics.

The L-1036CAP2 bag looks more like something I'd be interested in, but as you note there is glaring lack of dimensions listed.

(I'm still pining for a Sandbag 1, though sadly NIN keeps his house locked pretty tight).

"That Others May Zoom"

Critical AOA

Quote from: Thrashed on August 17, 2012, 05:52:06 AM
Try Walmart. I did.

Along with numerous other physical stores locally where you can comparison shop, touch, feel and critique what you are buying.  I am not sure why one would feel the need to buy anything from Vanguard other than uniform items or small novelty items.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

a2capt

It is nice to get something with CAP on it, not everything they make is cheesy, lame or outright overpriced. They do score some hits. In the end, it does help the program continue, somehow. I guess. Even if it's not for event you desire, at least those venues are not raiding as much of the other dollar sources so there is more to go around.

Walkman

One option could be to buy something that suits your needs from another retailer and then getting a MAJCOM or other CAP embroidered patch and sewing it to the bag.