Training Level Certificates

Started by Grumpy, April 11, 2014, 11:26:57 PM

Grumpy

Is anybody else, besides me, having problems with receiving the certificates for completion of Professional Development Training?  I have a member who completed all requirements for his Level IV.  On February 23, 2014, I went on line and put him in for it.  Eservices shows it as having been completed and recorded on March 10, 2014, but as of April 11, 2014, we still have not received the certificate.

I asked both Wing and National Headquarters if I should follow up with a hard copy of the Form 24 and I was advised that would only
confuse the issue. 

National also informed me that if it shows as having been approved in eservices the certificate would be sent to wing.
So here we are 54 days later and still no certificate.  I sent a request to the wing PDO asking if they had seen the certificate around their headquarters.  That effort was wasted.  I didn't even get the dignity of a reply.

Maybe they stopped issuing them.

Any suggestions?

Eclipse

Your lack of reply from wing is your answer.

It's probably behind a file cabinet.

Now that you mention it. I don't remember ever getting one myself.
Aren't some of these online now for self-print?

Or were these supposed to be generated by wing which was the reason all the
Wings got wide format printers?

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on April 11, 2014, 11:39:26 PM
Your lack of reply from wing is your answer.

It's probably behind a file cabinet.

Or were these supposed to be generated by wing which was the reason all the
Wings got wide format printers?

You are mistaken there Bob. For it to be behind a file cabinet would mean that the certificate had been ordered from National in the first place.
Which I can pretty much say with confiedence that it hasn't.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

You never had to order the certificate from NHQ, it just appeared in the mail.

My understanding was that NHQ is out of the certificate business, and Wings are responsible for printing them.

PHall

We 're talking about before National rolled out the DIY Certificates.

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on April 11, 2014, 11:39:26 PM

I went and checked my electronic Personnel file and have it, but mine is dated back to 2009, and
would have come from NHQ.  I semi-recall it being in one of those white cardboard mailers.

The certificate is CAPC-61, and I think your wing is supposed to be printing them now.
However that conflicts with CAPR 50-17, just updated in Jan 2014, which still indicates:

Page 8: "d. NHQ/DP provides the award certificates"

Page 24:
"6-4. Paul E. Garber Award. Completion of all requirements in Level IV entitles CAP
members to receive the Garber Award. This award is named after a former air pioneer, aviation
historian and curator emeritus of the National Air and Space Museum, and an advocate of CAP.
Upon completion of all Level IV professional development requirements, the unit's PDO records
the data on the member's CAPF 45. The unit PDO completes CAPF 24, item 10. Chaplains and
CDIs may substitute two Chaplain Corps Region Staff Colleges for one regular Region Staff
College (see paragraph 6-7). Members who receive credit for RSC by completing SOS may
wear a bronze star on their Garber Award ribbon. The unit commander signs the form, retains a
copy, and sends the original to wing headquarters for the wing commander's signature. Wing
headquarters retains a copy and forwards the original to NHQ/DPR. When approved, NHQ/DPR
sends the certificate to the wing commander for presentation to the member.
Ribbons are
purchased through Vanguard. "

Bottom line, either your wing has it, or is supposed to print it, but you need to get CCs involved to
press for a response.

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

We'll then I'm on the right track.  I asked my CC to start at group keep going until she finds out where it's at.  Thank

Ed Bos

Quote from: Grumpy on April 11, 2014, 11:26:57 PM
Is anybody else, besides me, having problems with receiving the certificates for completion of Professional Development Training?  I have a member who completed all requirements for his Level IV.  On February 23, 2014, I went on line and put him in for it.  Eservices shows it as having been completed and recorded on March 10, 2014, but as of April 11, 2014, we still have not received the certificate.

I asked both Wing and National Headquarters if I should follow up with a hard copy of the Form 24 and I was advised that would only
confuse the issue. 

National also informed me that if it shows as having been approved in eservices the certificate would be sent to wing.
So here we are 54 days later and still no certificate.  I sent a request to the wing PDO asking if they had seen the certificate around their headquarters.  That effort was wasted.  I didn't even get the dignity of a reply.

Any suggestions?

I earned my Level V last August, and received the certificate in March after a phone call &/or email every month in between. In my case, there were several projects at NHQ and probably some bad luck that prevented my certificate from arriving any earlier.

Ms. Carroll, the Professional Development Registrar at NHQ, is very helpful and a pleasure to talk to, and my suggestion is you call her and ask if the certificate has been processed, and what the ETA is. You can find her contact information at http://capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/nhq-contacts/
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Grumpy on April 11, 2014, 11:26:57 PM

confuse the issue. 

Any suggestions?
Something to note, you say that eServices shows it is recorded and completed as of 10 March 2014, that means its been approved as of then.  Your clock for getting the cert should be from THAT time, not when you submitted on the 23rd of Feb.  So that 54 days business is false. 

That said, https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.Certificates.Web/Documentation/Certificate_Message.pdf doesn't show the Garber Award certificate as being printable by Wings, and since you've received nothing from your wings Director of PD (This is assuming you've 1. kept copies of your emails to this person, 2. tried emailing them multiple times) it's time to go to your wing chief of staff so that they know one of their directors is non-communicative.  If you haven't sent multiple emails to this individual, I'd say give them the benefit of the doubt (we've all gone click happy when we see an inbox with 50+ new emails I'm sure, I tend to do it now and then with my minimum 30+ every day, not counting the several hundred at work)
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811