Transfering Squadrons while attending Cadet Activites

Started by Eagle, April 07, 2011, 06:54:50 PM

Eagle

I'm transferring squadrons from a squadron that doesn't have very many members and isn't very involved to a larger squadron. Can I apply for a new activity in the new squadron if I haven't officially transfered yet? I don't think my squadron could send in my application because it's not very involved.

C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander

Al Sayre

1.  It's probably not a good idea to post things that reflect poorly on your current squadron with your squadron listed in your profile.

2.  A transfer is now done on line and takes the receiving commander less than a minute to complete.  You are immediately transferred unless your former Squadron Commander denies the transfer within 60 days.  Unless you haven't turned in your gear or are pending disciplinary action this seldom occurs.

3.  It depends on the activity.  NCSA's and other national activities are submitted and approved by the Commander and then higher echelons on line. However, I believe the application date has already passed for most of those in 2011.  If you are talking about an encampment, your squadron doesn't submit the application, you do; after the squadron commander signs it.

So it appears your best option is to have the new Commander enter the transfer and then submit what you need to submit.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eagle

Al Sayre,
I completely forgot about my squadron listed. I apologize.
C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander

a2capt

As for transferring, is it in fact automatic? I get the impression that the loosing unit has to okay it first, not deny within 60 days. IE, the transferer does not just disappear from the loosing unit and a gaining unit puts in for a transfer.

The CC needs to [X] Approve or  [ ] Deny when the request hits, just like an approval for ES.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: a2capt on April 08, 2011, 08:10:39 PM
As for transferring, is it in fact automatic? I get the impression that the loosing unit has to okay it first, not deny within 60 days. IE, the transferer does not just disappear from the loosing unit and a gaining unit puts in for a transfer.

The CC needs to [X] Approve or  [ ] Deny when the request hits, just like an approval for ES.

That's my understanding.

a2capt

I have not been a CC, but I do help with a lot of eServices and handle quite a bit of the units' needs, combined with many a discussion on some recent cadet transfers, the loosing unit has the say so,  and it's not automatic. Now someone at a higher HQ can go in and approve it, too.. they usually stay out of it though.

This, so the loosing unit is allowed to tie up loose ends, and/or discuss with the next what any issue may be.