Main Menu

CAP AF Blues

Started by Polecat, August 20, 2009, 11:51:47 PM

Polecat

There is a new comic from AF Blues featuring CAP with a link to Swivel Chair Patrol to boot!  Congrats Tedda!
http://www.afblues.com/?p=1143

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Polecat on August 20, 2009, 11:51:47 PM
There is a new comic from AF Blues featuring CAP with a link to Swivel Chair Patrol to boot!  Congrats Tedda!

Sparky and me had a better one going a few years ago, but I think it offended somebody and Sparky got scared and quit doing the artwork.

Maybe it was the cartoon about everybody in the Arkansas wing looking the same, but I don't know.
Another former CAP officer

Eeyore

Now we just have to hope and pray that someone doesn't make fools of CAP members by posting ridiculous comments about the comics that make (lighthearted) fun of CAP.

Eclipse

There are already people leaving unrelated comments with too much peresec, on the boards, I can only imagine what's going to ensue when the toons get going.

Here's my plot guess - it stretches out a bit that Dahl has a cousin who's in CAP, possibly even successful in it, and at some point it comes out that Dahl tried CAP and didn't do well, so he joined the USAF to "show those CAP guys up".

Or some derivative of that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Polecat

Quote from: edmo1 on August 21, 2009, 01:07:14 AM
Now we just have to hope and pray that someone doesn't make fools of CAP members by posting ridiculous comments about the comics that make (lighthearted) fun of CAP.

I know! Everytime there is one featuring CAP a special person(s) who needs to STFU goes and makes CAP look bad.

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on August 21, 2009, 12:34:30 AM

Sparky and me had a better one going a few years ago, but I think it offended somebody and Sparky got scared and quit doing the artwork.

Maybe it was the cartoon about everybody in the Arkansas wing looking the same, but I don't know.

I would like to see that come back! Please?  ;)

Major Carrales

Quote from: Polecat on August 21, 2009, 03:55:46 AM

I know! Everytime there is one featuring CAP a special person(s) who needs to STFU goes and makes CAP look bad.

Really?  Maybe I'll have to get out my pen and paper.  Originally I was going to make that in the style of old "Terry and the Pirates" or "Johnny Quest," however Ole Kach convinced me to make it a satire. 

If we were to do that again, like a weekly story, would y'all prefer funny or dramatic?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SarDragon

Funny, in a heartbeat. We got way too much serious crap going on on here already.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JohnKachenmeister

C'mon, Sparky... I don't even take funeral plans seriously!

Personally, I thought the image of airborne CAP lawyers parachuting in to serve a Cease and Desist order was great satire.

Another former CAP officer

BillB

:::::::Wonders is CAP has two black vans with dark windows to go to Texas and Florida::::::::::
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

PHall

Quote from: BillB on August 23, 2009, 01:38:38 PM
:::::::Wonders is CAP has two black vans with dark windows to go to Texas and Florida::::::::::

Don't need the Black Vans anymore. There's a new toy out there called the AL-1A Airborne Laser! (Go ahead, Google it!)

wuzafuzz

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 23, 2009, 06:22:45 AM
Quote from: Polecat on August 21, 2009, 03:55:46 AM

Really?  Maybe I'll have to get out my pen and paper.  Originally I was going to make that in the style of old "Terry and the Pirates" or "Johnny Quest," however Ole Kach convinced me to make it a satire. 

If we were to do that again, like a weekly story, would y'all prefer funny or dramatic?

I vote for wicked humor with a sharp edge any day of the week.   >:D
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

RiverAux

Well, that storyline turned out to be an absolute bust as far as CAP goes.

He totally missed the opportunity to make the CAP cadet be on base attending the supt encampment at the same time Dahl was going through the real thing.  Surely his cousin could have dinged him a few times about that or vice versa. 

pixelwonk

BillB

Who wants cartoons of armchairs?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

NIN

Wait for the CAP story line to develop... Its still there, you watch.. Farva has way better storytelling skillz
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

RiverAux

Quote from: tedda on September 03, 2009, 02:12:19 PM
^armchair cartoonist
My handwriting is bad enough -- you wouldn't want to see my drawings...

Seriously, though.  With the comments he made at the beginning of the story line, I thought there was going to be some good (natured) hits on CAP. 

DC

It seems Farva was reading our little thread here, and decided to make a mention of it with today's (well, actually tomorrow's) post.

Quote from: Farva from AF BluesSo, in other news, I was reading the "reviews" of my CAP strips over at CAP Talk forum, and apparently at least one reader was unhappy with the way things went.  I almost registered a new account to respond, but another reader took the words right out of my mouth when he (or she) said to just be patient and see how it all unfolds.  I assure you, you have not seen the last of Meredith Dahl...  She's kind of like Badger Ops.  I introduced her waaaaaaaaaay earlier than her real part in this twisted tale.  Same goes for Capt. Dhart, for those who are wondering.

MIKE

Wait... Farva has a CAP Talk account?  In order to create another he would have to pay us off with coins, zaps etc since you aren't supposed to have more than one.
Mike Johnston

DC

Quote from: MIKE on September 03, 2009, 11:32:47 PM
Wait... Farva has a CAP Talk account?  In order to create another he would have to pay us off with coins, zaps etc since you aren't supposed to have more than one.
No, but he said he almost created one.

Pylon

Quote from: DC on September 03, 2009, 11:26:08 PM
It seems Farva was reading our little thread here, and decided to make a mention of it with today's (well, actually tomorrow's) post.

Way to go RiverAux!   :P

Haha, I can't wait to see how and where Meredith pops back up in the storyline. 

But on a serious note, I know at our local ANG base, the command appreciates those cadets who, yes, ask lots of questions, love to do anything involving Air Force facilities, personnel or airframes and perhaps sometimes go overboard with their love of everything AF - because a number of them have grown up to join the ANG Wing (and of course active duty) and have become exemplary airmen.   It's when AF personnel make that connection that they begin to appreciate what CAP's Cadet Program can do.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP