Main Menu

2009 Winter National Board

Started by Angus, February 27, 2009, 01:52:08 PM

CAP_truth

Cadet CoP
Wilson

Angus

How long is this closed door session going to go on for?
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

CAP_truth

Curren update

"The 2009 Winter National Board live stream from Washington, D.C. is in closed session.  The live stream will continue at 1:00 PM EST."

Cadet CoP
Wilson

notaNCO forever

The area to click to receive the stream is up again.

CAP_truth

Cadet CoP
Wilson

Angus

does the stream keep on freezing up on anyone else or is it just me?
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Al Sayre

Froze on me as she was introducing Gen Boling...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Hoorah

pixelwonk

Currently they are replaying the roll call, which was preceded by Mr. Don Rowland saying "welcome especially to those viewing on the Internet, We are streaming live" 

Yeah, not so much :D

Edit:  My Quicktime is looping.  That is All.

Cecil DP

They just had a long briefing on parliamentary procedure and what they could and couldn't do.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Eeyore

Update:
- Consolidated maintenance is working well even though members think it is a pain in the butt.
- ACE program kids are not cadets, the program is for Character Development.
- NHQ Renovation; relocation complete, renovation will take 20 months (optimistically) and cost $5 million.

notaNCO forever

Col. Hodgkins just got up to speak.

pixelwonk

argentip

Phil Argenti, Col, CAP
GLR-IN-001

pixelwonk

Col Hodgkins given CAP life membership

RiverAux

Courter briefing (what I saw of it)
o flights up 20%
ARCHER training up 300%
NESA attendence up 41%
Save 91 last year
CAP flights are 80% of 1st AF daily flights
50% of AFJROTC o-rides were from CAP.
AE membership up 44% to 1500
ACE Program has 7000 students in 8-5, 1800 students in 6-8. 
55639 total CAP members
Expect to get 19 aircraft and 36 vehicles this year.

RiverAux

Mr. Tom Jones, AF Sec. office briefing

Now we will have a AF Col. basically full-time on CAP issues at the Sec. of AF office.  1st AF will have 3 CAP-focused AF positions.  The A3O department (homeland security) had 6 positions for CAP stuff, but most of them really spent most of their time on other stuff.  Restructuring that. 

VSAF.  Center for Naval Analysis did a study of 1st year test program at 3 AFBs.  Had logistical problems (base access, CAC cards/token cards for computer use).  Hard to use volunteers during normal working hours.  Need to look at non-traditional times when vols are available.  Need to look at skills vols can bring to the table.  Bringing cadet in to hand out towels isn't a good use of CAP time, but a CAP IT expert might be something the AF could use.  AF retirees might be able to help with what they know from their career.   Jobs need to be something that the volunteers feel are important.  Need to look at how recruit volunteers.

Working on getting Pentagon badges for Courter and a few other high level CAP people.  Used to do it in the 90s apparently. 

Courter invited to AF Reserves Policy Board Meeting.  Evidently have slots for 2 non-voting members of this board from CAP. 

Want to have CAP brief various AF committees and councils on what we do. 

Will get some more senior AF people to speak with CAP cadet Civil Leadership Academy.

Thinks need a better and more consistent relationship overall between CAP and the National Guard in all states.  Will speak with NG leader to encourage TAGs to have someone on their staff as a CAP contact so that we work closer with them.  For example, maybe have CAP help in the National Guard Youth Challenge program.  Maybe encourage academy graduates to move into CAP afterward.

Maybe look for partnerships with the AF Reserve.  No specifics.

Wants to see CAP included when people list the components of the Air Force.  (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Auxiliary).  Next time Mr. Jones orders his personal coin, he will have them make it so that CAP is listed with the other 3 components.

RiverAux

In recess for 15 minutes starting 1518.

Eeyore

^ His talk was motivating for the future of CAP. We need more guys like him at the top levels of the Air Force. Just hearing his ideas makes me think that maybe CAP can pull out of our stagnation.

Al Sayre

Looks to me like Mr. Jones is one of the best things to happen to CAP in years!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787