Is there a way to discontinue the mailed copy of the Volunteer?

Started by Eclipse, September 27, 2011, 11:34:41 PM

Eclipse

If not, there should be.  By the time I get it in the mail, I've already read it twice.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

Yes, go into e-services.

Click "Review/Change My Information"

Small check box that says "Opt out of receiving Volunteer Now"
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

RADIOMAN015

I'd suggest continuing to get the magazine.  Collect old copies from all your members and than do some drops around the area such as doctors offices, etc, with your unit name & contact information on the back cover.
RM

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 28, 2011, 02:55:50 AM
I'd suggest continuing to get the magazine.  Collect old copies from all your members and than do some drops around the area such as doctors offices, etc, with your unit name & contact information on the back cover.
RM

You can order them.  A whole case even, for just this type of thing.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Few people read, or even bother looking at, the magazines at medical office, or anywhere else any more.  Everyone is on their phone.

"That Others May Zoom"

Chief2009

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 28, 2011, 03:17:33 AM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 28, 2011, 02:55:50 AM
RM
You can order them.  A whole case even, for just this type of thing.
Where? It's not in the CAP Materials module of eServices.

That's a good idea, and I'd like to start.

Eclipse, you're right, but it couldn't hurt.
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

jimmydeanno

I don't have access to the supply order module, but there used to be an option there.  If they took it out, I'd send an email to PA at NHQ and see how the method changed.