Blues at encampment

Started by Eclipse, January 24, 2019, 01:34:59 AM

Eclipse

So, not hijacking...

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 24, 2019, 01:03:26 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 24, 2019, 12:54:54 AM
Blues at encampment?

Uh, yeah...?

In what context?  UOD is set by the respective encampment.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Yes. And at the COWG, blues are worn several times. In addition to the banquet and Pass-in-Review at the end.

TheSkyHornet

OHWG:

Blues are traditionally worn twice---graduation, and mid-week (usually a trip to NMUSAF)---as part of both ceremonial training and proper wear of the Class B uniform.

Eclipse

Right it varies, but most wear them at some point or another.

Not sure what the issue was.

"That Others May Zoom"

baronet68

It definitely varies by location, decade, and/or century.  ;)

WIWAC, blues were the default encampment uniform.  The packing list required two complete sets of blues but only one set of fatigues and, except for PT and two days of 'field' activities, we wore blues exclusively.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Fester

Having attended 7 encampments in 4 different wings as a Cadet in the 90's, most of which were in Texas and neighboring Wings, I do recall having to wear Blues.  Usually not many times throughout the week, but, if memory serves correct, for one dress rehearsal for the Pass in Review and for the Pass in Review itself.  Sometimes, if we were visiting a location that called for it, we would also be required to wear them for those events.  But being in the deep south, in the middle of Summer, the most common uniform was BDU trousers with colored TShirts assigned to each Squadron or Flight.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Eclipse on January 24, 2019, 02:45:43 AM
Right it varies, but most wear them at some point or another.

Not sure what the issue was.

What issue?

I think there was a mis-read on the previous topic. We're on the same page here.

And here goes the "At my Encampment....!!!!" thread

Kayll'b

Well, at MY encampment  >:D in WAWG, we wear blues at the crucible, the banquet, and the pass-in-review.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

CAP9907

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0