Technician Rating... AE notebook?

Started by PhoenixRisen, April 16, 2018, 02:39:32 PM

PhoenixRisen

Hi all,

Can anybody who's been through the AE specialty track give me some additional pointers on the AE notebook?

QuoteCompile an AE Notebook, in either a paper notebook or digital format, based on the below listed topics:
1. Appointment of AEOs
2. AEO Specialty Track
3. AE/STEM Programs and Products
4. AEX
5. AEMs, ACE and Top Flight
6. AE Awards
7. Budget, Grants and Funding
8. AE POA
9. AE Activity Report
10.Inspection Preparation

Is this just supposed to be a local, consolidated reference version of all of this information as it relates to your own unit, making sure to keep it updated as time goes on?

The guide is quite vague for this specific requirement....

Thank you!

MacGruff

I've used that checklist as my Table of Contents and created a tab for each of those items. As you can see, several of those allow you to accumulate stuff that changes or happens throughout the year(s). The main idea is that you can pass it on to whomever takes your place and they would have what they need, and historical information that is useful, as part of the transition.

So, the short (  ;) ) answer to your question is: Yes.

PhoenixRisen

etodd

Quote from: MacGruff on April 16, 2018, 08:46:41 PM

The main idea is that you can pass it on to whomever takes your place and they would have what they need, and historical information that is useful, as part of the transition.

So .... find someone who has already done it, ask them to pass it down to you, and then you start adding new materials?

Sounds good. Why reinvent the wheel?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

TheSkyHornet

Also known as a "Continuity book"

I suggest you set up an electronic folder. Call it "Squadron Aerospace Education." Put anything and everything you feel applies. Just make sure you label your items and sub-categorize them accordingly.

This way, if you got hit by a bus or quit tomorrow, people can access the material and carry on without you.

GaryVC

The notebook is required for senior and master ratings so I wouldn't give it away. I believe part of the education is putting it together. I answered the checklists as well as inserted some material I had printed. When I had completed all the requirements I gave it to the squadron commander so she could evaluate it for my rating.

PhoenixRisen

Thanks for the input, y'all!  This makes me feel much better about this requirement.

spree610

I set it up for myself as assistant AEO in my CAP Google drive. Anything that references a report I simply made a shortcut to a link to that report in eservices. Saves a lot of maintenance time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk