Foreflight & CAP Grids

Started by etodd, June 22, 2019, 02:20:46 AM

etodd

I have the Foreflight Pro Plus version and the CAP Grids are there. A fellow member in my Squadron has the FF Performance Plus version  and it does not include the CAP Grids.  Anyone know why?

Is this a sign it will be phased out???
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Live2Learn

Quote from: etodd on June 22, 2019, 02:20:46 AM
I have the Foreflight Pro Plus version and the CAP Grids are there. A fellow member in my Squadron has the FF Performance Plus version  and it does not include the CAP Grids.  Anyone know why?

ForeFlight keeps adding 'enhancements'.  And creating new combinations.  I wouldn't worry much.  Though you can ALWAYS send Support a glowing happy message about the SAR package, and those features that are very, VERY important to successful outcomes.

Paul Creed III

Quote from: Live2Learn on June 22, 2019, 04:12:46 AM
Quote from: etodd on June 22, 2019, 02:20:46 AM

ForeFlight keeps adding 'enhancements'.  And creating new combinations.  I wouldn't worry much.  Though you can ALWAYS send Support a glowing happy message about the SAR package, and those features that are very, VERY important to successful outcomes.

+1 on reaching out to support: they have always been great when I have reached out. It seems odd that a more-expensive package would have features removed; maybe the app needs removed and re-installed?
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Bayareaflyer 44

Don't forget, WingX is free to CAP members, and has CAP grids.

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418

etodd

Quote from: Bayareaflyer 44 on June 22, 2019, 04:58:04 PM

Yes.  I'm just embedded with FF though. Been using it for many years, and its intuitive, a total solution, and just ingrained in me.

So easy at a SAREX sitting at the Mission Briefing, entering the search grid and patterns into FF, and then go fly it. Saves a LOT of time over entering it into the G1000 while sitting in the hot sun burning fuel.

Paul Creed III

Quote from: etodd on June 22, 2019, 05:10:05 PM
Quote from: Bayareaflyer 44 on June 22, 2019, 04:58:04 PM

Yes.  I'm just embedded with FF though. Been using it for many years, and its intuitive, a total solution, and just ingrained in me.

So easy at a SAREX sitting at the Mission Briefing, entering the search grid and patterns into FF, and then go fly it. Saves a LOT of time over entering it into the G1000 while sitting in the hot sun burning fuel.

With FlightStream on the NXi, it's pretty cool to push a flight plan to the panel in a couple of taps. 

etodd

Quote from: Paul Creed III on June 22, 2019, 10:43:35 PM

With FlightStream on the NXi, it's pretty cool to push a flight plan to the panel in a couple of taps.

How many CAP planes have Flightstream now?

Paul Creed III

Quote from: etodd on June 22, 2019, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: Paul Creed III on June 22, 2019, 10:43:35 PM

How many CAP planes have Flightstream now?

Unknown. Brand-new airframes have the NXi from the factory as the year-old 182 in my AOR has but it's the only one in my wing. My guess is that it'll be a long time before there's any significant numbers of NXi in the fleet.

cba2

Go to More > Settings >  SAR Features and set the switch to the "on" position. The CAP Grid option should appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etodd

Quote from: cba2 on June 23, 2019, 11:11:33 PM
Go to More > Settings >  SAR Features and set the switch to the "on" position. The CAP Grid option should appear.

Sent that to him and he said it worked.

Thanks!