Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

Spam

Quote from: Stonewall on May 21, 2020, 01:25:31 AMUntil COVID-19 hit, I hadn't gone more than about 5 weeks between haircuts since I joined CAP as a cadet in 1987.

See the difference a quality haircut makes! It's practically magical.

Wow, that is like comparing a still shot from "The Rat Patrol" with one from "JAG"!

Provost marshal arrest blotter photo, versus soldier of the quarter pic!   ;D

Cheers
Spam

Eclipse

Clearly this young man left a troubled stint in the Air Force, joined the Army and turned
his life around!

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Too bad the uniform in the picture on the right is an AIR FORCE uniform.

[Hint: AF uses coyote brown thread for the lettering and insignia. The Army uses black thread.]

Spam

Quote from: PHall on May 21, 2020, 04:31:00 AMToo bad the uniform in the picture on the right is an AIR FORCE uniform.

[Hint: AF uses coyote brown thread for the lettering and insignia. The Army uses black thread.]

AIRMAN of the quarter - I stand corrected (thanks PHall)!

Looking sharp Sir!

V/r
Spam

Eclipse

Sunrise on Lake Michigan from the MWR beach on the NTC side of Naval Station Great Lakes.

Camping for a CAP bivouac, Sept 2008.

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

After exactly one year attending a meeting in-person, I was able to attend a meeting with my son where they caught up on dozens of promotions from the past year. He went from C/TSgt to C/SMSgt in that time.

Serving since 1987.

etodd

Quote from: Stonewall on March 24, 2021, 01:59:03 PMAfter exactly one year attending a meeting in-person, I was able to attend a meeting with my son where they caught up on dozens of promotions from the past year. He went from C/TSgt to C/SMSgt in that time.

Congrats to your son!!!

I hope you meant the "formal ceremonies" were caught up, and not the actual promotions. (?)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Stonewall

Quote from: etodd on March 24, 2021, 02:53:00 PMI hope you meant the "formal ceremonies" were caught up, and not the actual promotions. (?)

Yes, of course. All promotions were appropriately signed off in eServices for the entire squadron as they occurred.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

http://northernillinoisairshow.com/

Life felt almost normal...

Don't we all have a little Ramp Rat in us?

I didn't help with the flag this year - gotta let other people have some fun too!

Quote from: Eclipse on September 08, 2019, 07:32:15 PMhttps://northernillinoisairshow.com/index.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/ct-lns-waukegan-air-show-st-0909-20190908-ebefospfkbc7zevklesmwjvsau-story.html

Grabbing the flag with 6 CAP and NJROTC cadets. I'm the second one in the red shirt and yellow vest.
I think we actually kept it off the ground this year. No smoke canister - jumper said he pulled the
cord and it fell off.

We learned this year that the wife of the flag jumper sings the Anthem on a radio in synch with the singer on the PA so that the jumper is able to time his landing with the end.  Pretty impressive.

"That Others May Zoom"

ColonelJack

Looking good, Bob.  Looking real good.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Hippidy

Capt. Chris Stewart, CAP
Assistant Chaplain
Squadron Leadership Officer
GLR-MI-011 - Blue Water Squadron

Hippidy

somehow the pictures on my last post didn't appear....reposting!

Capt. Chris Stewart, CAP
Assistant Chaplain
Squadron Leadership Officer
GLR-MI-011 - Blue Water Squadron