2007 New York Wing Encampment

Started by dwb, March 22, 2007, 08:57:30 PM

dwb

The 2007 NYWG Encampment will take place from 21-28 July (for in-flight cadets) 19-29 July (for staff) at Stratton Air National Guard Base in Scotia, NY. Cost for cadets is $175, senior members is $75.

The leadership workshop and staff selection will take place the weekend of 18-20 May, and the staff training workshop is 15-17 June. Both take place at Stratton ANGB.

Cadet Command Staff applications are due April 14th, all other staff applications are due May 12th.

The encampment web site is: http://encampment.nywgcadets.org/

I will once again be serving as Commandant of Cadets, so feel free to ask questions here.

What are all you NYWG CAP Talk folks planning to apply for?

Jolt

Are they really still accepting cadet staff applications, sir?

I'm actually considering it a little bit if they are.  How much of a hassle would it be for someone from out of wing to participate?

Pumbaa

I am shocked!!!

Must be a typo.. since when does a SM pay LESS than a cadet for something??? ;) AND for more days too!  Wow amazing!  ;D

In NY no less!

Psicorp

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on March 24, 2007, 01:54:06 AM
I am shocked!!!

Must be a typo.. since when does a SM pay LESS than a cadet for something??? ;) AND for more days too!  Wow amazing!  ;D

In NY no less!

They do that at a lot of Encampments in order to lure Officers to participate on staff.   Just be sure to read the fine print; at some Encampment websites I've looked at the initial cost is lower, but they charge additional for meals if you want a room vs open bay, it's an additional cost.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Pumbaa

Always a catch... always a catch!

AS they say, if it looks too good to be true it probably is!  ;)

airdad

there isn't always a catch.  I grew up (as a senior member) with CTWG encampments.  All the years I participated, the seniors that were kind enough to give up a week or more of their time to support the encampment most years were charged zero, or at most $10 for the week.  I was more than happy to continue the tradition the year I was encampment commander.  It was the best way we could say "thank you" to the staff. 
Len Schindler, Lt Col, CAP
Northeast Region/IGT

dwb

Jolt -- yes, we accept out-of-state applicants.

Everyone else -- no hidden fees for senior members (or cadets, for that matter).  The price is lower because senior members are generally taking time off work, away from household duties, etc.

Encampment in NY used to be free for senior members, but over the past few years it has become more expensive to conduct encampment because we lost some cheap/free support we used to get at Ft. Drum (our previous encampment site) before 9/11.

Michael

Does anybody know what calls would be played by a bugler at a CAP encampment, and at what time?
Bill Coons, C/Capt

PHall

Quote from: navyaviator on May 05, 2007, 06:26:05 PM
Does anybody know what calls would be played by a bugler at a CAP encampment, and at what time?

If we follow Air Force procedures at 0730 Reveille would be played followed by To The Colors.
The flag is raised while To The Colors is played.
At 1630 Retreat would be played followed by the National Antham.
The flag is lowered while the National Antham is played.

The times can be adjusted to fit local conditions.

Michael

What are some good running jodies?  Is there a good place to find some?
Bill Coons, C/Capt

mikeylikey

Quote from: li'lUSCGAviator on May 05, 2007, 06:26:05 PM

I have been on AF/ Army installations that have bugle calls throught the entire day.  Here is a cool link, which lets you listen, download, read about and see the actual notes that need played!  http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/

Good luck!
What's up monkeys?