What’s Next? Additional Course / Training Suggestions?

Started by Lead/Lag Hinge, July 23, 2009, 10:41:12 PM

Lead/Lag Hinge

Since rejoining CAP in June, following a 15-year break in service, I have completed a number of training events and am seeking suggestions for additional courses or training I can accomplish. I do not have an assigned staff position yet.

To date I have completed the following:
CAP Foundations Course
Cadet Protection Program Training
Operations Security Awareness
EEO Training
Garmin G1000 training
Yeager Award test
Basic ORM
Intermediate ORM
CAP Test 116, Part 1
CAP Test 117, Part 1
CAP Test 117, Part 2
CAP Test 117, Part 3
FEMA Course IS-100.a
FEMA Course IS-200.a
FEMA Course IS-700.a

Through AFIADL I have registered, and am awaiting the course materials, for:
Scanner Course, Level II
Observer Course, Level II

During my previous CAP membership I completed SLS and the Distance Learning Safety Officer course.

While on active duty I completed SOS in residence and ACSC.

I am attending the CLC and 1st Aid/CPR in August and two Wing conferences in October.

What else is out there? Thanks for your suggestions.
Jim
JAMES S. MacKAY, II, Lt Col, CAP
Jim@ATPCFII.com
ATP; Helicopter, Airplane S/MEL/S, Sk-65, BE-30
Commercial; LTA (Gas, Airborne Heater), Glider, Gyroplane
CFI; Helicopter, Airplane S/MEL/S, Glider, Gyroplane
CFII; Helicopter, Airplane S/MEL/S

Pylon

Things you could work on:

Specialty Track training and knowledge requirements.   Some specialty tracks have online tests which contribute towards earning a rating.  For example, Cadet Programs and IT officer tracks have online tests.  See the CAPP (CAP Pamphlet) 2XX series.

Order your driving record abstract from your state DMV so you can request your CAP Driving Operator Permit (see CAPR 77-1 for details).

There's got to be projects your squadron could use help with.  I know if my senior members had any more spare time left, I'd have already sucked it up with one project or another.  Research, planning, organizing, activities work, administrative work, ad nauseum.   ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Have you completed the CAP Senior Officer's Course (aka ECI-13)? I know you could sub SOS for it, but that would be a waste. Or you could submit proof of completion of a commissioning program for credit.

Also, there are new Safety Officer test for tghe Technician and Senior levels. Much more up to date than the AFIADL (ECI) CAP Safety Officer Course.

There's also FEMA IS-800 series of courses. 

Camas

You might want to consider regional staff college once you've completed Level III. They are held in most regions.

Rotorhead

IS-300, 400, and 800.

The first two are classroom-based courses that take a weekend each. It seems that more and more ES jobs are requiring them.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ