Whats going right in CT, IN, and RI?

Started by RiverAux, March 30, 2008, 10:41:51 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: dwb on March 31, 2008, 05:28:23 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on March 31, 2008, 04:01:56 PMIf you mean the past trends: no I don't. If the charter school: I'll see what I can do.

I was more asking RiverAux (and others) where they got the stats on their Wing's membership over the past few years.  My apologies, I should have been more specific.  :-\
Analysis of membership numbers reported in CAP annual reports in my possession and online. 

Eight Ball

Connecticut's CC inherited a half-empty wing staff, low-time airplanes, and sagging morale. The place was a real mess. He put a lot of stress on putting the AIR back into the CAP. He also made CAP more fun for the cadets - he stressed o-flights, encampments riflery and rocketry, and they have a lot more cadets now. He also got a lot of good guys (and gals) onto his Wing Staff. After two years or so, it's a whole different wing up there. 

Jolt

As far as cadets go in Connecticut, I have noticed a few new things that weren't being done before Col Jensen stepped in.  Wing o-flight days were started by Col Jensen, the wing rocketry competition with the "commander's cup" is new, each squadron has, or is developing, a rifle team for competition, and cadets are now allowed ten powered o-flights to account for the unfortunate fact that the wing still doesn't have a glider/glider pilots.

We've also opened a brand new squadron in a large city, and my squadron's numbers have gone up considerably.  We even had to change to a composite squadron about two years ago due to our number of senior members.  Lately, we've been getting about twenty to twenty-five cadets to show up to our weekly meetings on Friday nights.

One other thing I've noticed about our squadron's cadet membership is that the mean age seems to be lower than it had been.  I'm not sure what to make of that, though.

Turk

CT Wing hit 645 members last month. I'm told they haven't been at this level since the 1970s. They also got another aircraft; that has to be an attraction.   :clap:

IN Wing has opened several new units.   :clap:
They have also signed up a good chunk of their state legislature.

RI Wing had a big spurt in 2007; they have since fallen back a little.
Still, they gained a lot of ground.  :clap:

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal

RiverAux

According to their latest newsletter, Indiana Wing is almost at 1,250 members.  Thats up almost 20% since October 2007 and up 43% since October 2006.  And up 66% since 2004. 

They're continuing to show how things can be done.  Go Hoosiers!

Duke Dillio

And they fired the IN wing commander because???......

davidsinn

We are about to gain several hundered cadets in less than 2 months. We're starting a charter school in Anderson IN.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RickFranz

RiverAux

Where are you getting these long term numbers from?

Thanks
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

RiverAux

As I said earlier in the thread, they are from CAP's annual reports to congress.  Some of the more recent ones are available on the CAP web site under public affairs. 

RickFranz

^
Sorry, I guess I missed that.

Thanks
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1