Main Menu

Yeager Award

Started by Pylon, May 26, 2005, 02:28:32 AM

Pylon

Well, I got bored the other night, so I got online, found the AEPSM test for the Yeager Award and knocked it off in under an hour.

For those SMs who have not yet done so, I definitely recommend doing so.   It doesn't take a ton of time, and opens up your eyes to a lot of great aerospace knowledge.  It's even easier for SMs who were former cadets, since they know most of the material.

Out of sheer curiosity, how many SMs here haven't yet taken the AEPSM test?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

pixelwonk

I'd answer for the sake of  fostering discussion...

but I took it.  :D

MIKE

Quote from: tedda on May 26, 2005, 03:23:04 AM
I'd answer for the sake of  fostering discussion...

but I took it.  :D

Me too, but I feel guilty 'cause I took it open book and still only got a 99.
Mike Johnston

BlueLakes1

I took mine very soon after joining, but in a squadron of about 35 active senior members, I'm one of less than 5 who have done it.
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

Pylon

Quote from: MCreedKY214 on May 26, 2005, 03:45:22 AM
I took mine very soon after joining, but in a squadron of about 35 active senior members, I'm one of less than 5 who have done it.

That's very interesting.  I wonder why that is?   

Is it seen as something that's just frivilous and doesn't really relate to most SM's day-to-day duties, therefore it's not worth pursuing?

Major_Chuck

I did mine back in 1991.  We did it as a group and then had a cookout afterwards.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on May 29, 2005, 02:43:48 AM
I did mine back in 1991.  We did it as a group and then had a cookout afterwards.

Heh, that's not a bad idea.

Arizona Wing has several PowerPoint presentations which cover the "essential material" of the Aerospace text.  It has a lot of the important points, major themes, and anything on the tests is also subtly worked in there.  I can't think of a better idea for a Prof. Development Officer than to organize a presentation and run-down of the material,  have everyone take the open-book test, and then throw some hot dogs, burgers, and shrimp on the ol' BBQ.   8)

Heck, that model could work well for a lot of training things!

pixelwonk

Quote from: Pylon on May 29, 2005, 02:46:04 AM

Arizona Wing has several PowerPoint presentations which cover the "essential material" of the Aerospace text. It has a lot of the important points, major themes, and anything on the tests is also subtly worked in there. I can't think of a better idea for a Prof. Development Officer than to organize a presentation and run-down of the material, have everyone take the open-book test, and then throw some hot dogs, burgers, and shrimp on the ol' BBQ. 8)

Take that idea a step further and organize a study group to tackle AFIADL course 13

abysmal

Arizona Wing has several PowerPoint presentations which cover the "essential material" of the Aerospace text.  It has a lot of the important points, major themes, and anything on the tests is also subtly worked in there.  I can't think of a better idea for a Prof. Development Officer than to organize a presentation and run-down of the material,  have everyone take the open-book test, and then throw some hot dogs, burgers, and shrimp on the ol' BBQ.   8)

If you get someone in my wing to do this, I will be glad to be the first one to sign up for it!
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Smitty

I just passed it about ten minutes ago. 
Former TFO, CAP
Mitchell #51,062
Juris Doctor Candidate, Touro Law Center

arajca

Quote from: abysmal on June 01, 2005, 04:58:04 AM

If you get someone in my wing to do this, I will be glad to be the first one to sign up for it!

Why wait for the wing to do it? You could do it for your unit.

jacklumanog

I just took it yesterday afternoon and passed with 99.   Not bad for a Chaplain! 

Clearly, the AEPSM has nothing really to do with my specialty track, but I thought it would be a good idea to learn as much as I can from another specialty and to learn a little more about one of our core missions in CAP.

I just got back from National Convention and my CAP pride is running pretty high right now!

Quote from: Pylon on May 28, 2005, 08:22:27 PM
Quote from: MCreedKY214 on May 26, 2005, 03:45:22 AM
Ch, Lt Col Jon I. Lumanog, CAP
Special Assistant to the National Chief of Chaplains for Diversity of Ministry

PWK-GT

I just took mine as well last night....also got a 99/100 score. It has nothing to do with my track either, but you never know when you made find info useful. Besides, it's another purty ribbon to wear........ :D
I actually took it to beat our DCS to the quick! ::)
"Is it Friday yet"

Camas

Just curious - what's the percentage of senior members throughout CAP who hold the Yeager Award?  Anyone know?

Pylon

Quote from: Camas on September 02, 2005, 05:42:37 AM
Just curious - what's the percentage of senior members throughout CAP who hold the Yeager Award?  Anyone know?

Hmm... I've never seen anything published or released to that effect, but NHQ's Member Services might be able to give you a rough number of awardees who are current members.  Compare that to the current membership number of SMs nationwide and you've got a decent estimate.

It certainly would be interesting to know.

Pace

If you had access to all region PDRs, you could pull the numbers from that.  You just need to find someone with the restricted application "National IP" so you can download the reports.
Lt Col, CAP

thefischNX01

I took it a while ago.  It was the easiest test I've taken so far
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/