When will my application get processed?

Started by will3947, February 04, 2013, 01:30:17 AM

will3947

I just sent in my form from Idaho. My unit commander said it takes from 2-4 weeks for the application, then I get my serial number or something and then I can finally get my uniform. But then my flight commander's (Kubik, wait, why am I saying his name? does it really matter?) form took one week. I'm CONFUSEDDDDD  :o :o :o :o :o :o

For 'Merica!

a2capt

We typically see CAPIDs in eServices about a week+1 day after we send in applications.
Sometimes a little quicker. We finalize them on Tuesday night, they get mailed Wed. Not as often, we see CAPID's for cadets post the next Monday or Tuesday.  Sometimes it takes a lot longer. That usually means there's issues with the submission.

Senior members almost always take a little longer due to the background check.

RogueLeader

It all depends on how fast it takes national to process your application, and for the bank to process your payment. I've seen.it take a only a week, and sometimes almost two months. Just be patient.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Luis R. Ramos

I concur with Rogue and A2, I process applications for my unit as Admin Officer.

A suggestion, do not post anything personal here. Unit names or charters, officer names, Group designations, etc.

What happens in your squadron, should stay in your squadron unless your squadron commander deems otherwise. If you post charter numbers or names and then you ask for advice, you are advertising what is happening in your squadron and if by chance your Wing or Group personnel read it, it may be embarrassing your fellows and squadron commander.

So yes, it does matter why you posted your flight CC. You should not have done so!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

will3947

SAREXinNY

I think it's important to keep in mind that although this is an online forum, we still represent CAP and our respective Flights/Squadrons.  Humor, joking, ribbing, etc is fine, as long as it's done respectfully.  Will3947, you are new...do whatever you can to learn about this organization.  Read these message boards, ask questions, get involved, and take the advice of those ranking cadets and senior members who have experience.  You (like all of us) will make mistakes.  When that happens I suggest you respond with "Thank you, I will remember that in the future" instead of "lol sorry".  This is a paramilitary organization, and proper respect and courtesies are expected.

MSG Mac

1. Check to see if the check has cleared the bank
2. Contact your Commander or Personnel Officer (if you can't reach them, any SM can do this) and have them check E-services to see if you're showing up. They can then give you your CAPSN, and instructions on how to enroll.
3. Once listed and enrolled on E-services you can download all the training materials that are required for Level 1.

Good Luck
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

BFreemanMA

In addition to what has already been said, I can certify that National has fantastic customer service. If a long time passes, I recommend giving the National hotline a call.

I think my membership took a record of 7 months due to an FBI backlog and a myriad of other issues. I called National's confidential screening division (the department for senior members; I believe cadets would call another number) and the woman bent over backwards to answer all my questions and help me out.

To sum it up, give them a fair amount of time to process, then I would recommend calling National just to see where you are in the process.

Also, welcome to CAP!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron