Main Menu

ACA

Started by Becks, December 11, 2006, 10:41:22 PM

COL Land

Quote from: Cecil DP on December 17, 2007, 05:54:19 AMI find it strange that the ACA is proselytizing on the CAP Talk. Is LTC Land a member of CAP??

"With that said, I want to make it clear that I post on these various sites in response to inquiries..."

You've got questions...I've got answers. 

No, I'm not a member of the Civil Air Patrol; however, many of my officers are.
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       
Acting Commander              www.goarmycadets.com
Headquarters, U.S. Army Cadet Corps

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"

Pylon

Quote from: Cecil DP on December 17, 2007, 05:54:19 AM
I find it strange that the ACA is proselytizing on the CAP Talk. Is LTC Land a member of CAP??

I don't think they're proselytizing at all.  CAPTalk members opened the inquiry, and ACA members (some who are also members of CAP, though not LTC Land) responded to questions and inquiries from CAPTalk members.  Seems pretty cool they'd be willing to come here and answer our questions.

I don't see ACA as a direct threat to the CAP Cadet Program, either.   They offer something entirely different and I could see some of my cadets as potentials to participate in both programs would it be available to them.  Perhaps down the road when ACA has developed in this area, I'd be interested.  Right now, CAP is my interest and my passion for my volunteering.

Some of you take a defensive standpoint here.  I don't know why.  Nobody is in your backyard, stealing your cadets.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JAFO78

I see this as not ACA taking people away from CAP, but ACA letting CAP know what it working for them.

We all know that CAP is in rebuilding mod. At lest that is my option.
With all the changes that has happened with CAP National Commanders, and some dirty laundry being aired, CAP is trying to get back on the good side of Big Daddy Blue.

ACA is telling us, what works for them, maybe we should listen. A lot of good changes are coming about with CAP, (Iowa) but we must not use cookie cutter, but find out what works for each squadron, group, wing, & etc.

Again this is just one option.
JAFO

ColonelJack

I may have missed it, but I'd like to ask LTC Land --

Do I understand that the ACA is phasing out the Naval and Marine Cadet programs to concentrate solely on the Army?  If so, why?  The Naval Cadet program was the original program; why would you phase out your origins?

Or did I misunderstand?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

DrJbdm

I believe the ACA is phasing out the other programs because there is a larger need for the Army. currently there is no program outside of JROTC for the Army. This is a way to grow and to receive major support.

The Navy has the Sea Cadets the Marines have the Young Marines and the Air Force has CAP, currently the Army has nothing. you simply go where your greatest need is. I wish the ACA was doing the Air Force thing, but hey the Army deserves a good cadet program too i guess.

COL Land

Quote from: ColonelJack on December 17, 2007, 04:51:45 PM
The Naval Cadet program was the original program; why would you phase out your origins?

Colonel:

You are correct, we are standing down the Naval Cadet Corps and Marine Cadet Corps, in favor of our future with the Army.   Rest assured, this is a difficult move for the ol' Sailor!   However, it's the right and necessary thing to do.   More can be found in ACA Notice 0705, which can be found at:   http://www.acacadets.org/PDF/acanote0705.pdf

V/R,

LTC Land
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"

COL Land

THIS POSTING IS FOR ADULTS WHO HAVE SHOWN AN INTEREST IN THE ARMY CADET CORPS ONLY:

I would like to invite you to attend an Information Tele-Conference regarding the U.S. Army Cadet Corps on Tuesday evening, January 15th at 8:30 pm Eastern Time. The purpose of the tele-conference is to provide overview information on the U.S. Army Cadet Corps, and how adults can become involved. Since there has been such a great interest across the country, we must conduct a Tele-Conference once each month to answer basic questions, rather than to make separate calls to potential applicants.

To attend, please send an email to JMLand@militarycadets.org with the subject line: USACC Tele-Conference. In the email, please include the following:

Full Name
Home City and State
Telephone Number
Past or Present Military Rank (if applicable)

Also, please provide a few sentences which outline your professional and/or military background, as well as what you might be interested in should you become a member of the U.S. Army Cadet Corps. Upon receipt, you will receive a verification email, with the call-in number for the tele-conference and the PIN. We can only accommodate 12 people on the tele-conference, so please respond ASAP.

Detailed information regarding our program is below. I look forward to answering any further questions you might have on Tuesday night at 8:30 pm eastern.

Respectfully,
JOSEPH M. LAND, SR.
COL, AG, USAC       

"ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!"