INWG Conference: AF approved ABU transition

Started by Майор Хаткевич, March 19, 2016, 01:14:40 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Just arrived to the conference, this was the slide on the board.

THRAWN

Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: THRAWN on March 19, 2016, 01:27:40 PM
I will believe it when it is in writing....

Agreed, but the Nat. Vice Commander is here, so I don't think someone just made it up.

NIN

No, probably not.

It may be a semantic difference.  Don't forget, sometimes people truncate things to fit on PPT slides.

However, if I had to bet on what happened, it would be something like "CAP-USAF got the word that HAF actually hacked off on it, and we're just waiting on the administrative paperwork to come from the Pentagon."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

Quote from: NIN on March 19, 2016, 02:10:07 PM
No, probably not.

It may be a semantic difference.  Don't forget, sometimes people truncate things to fit on PPT slides.

However, if I had to bet on what happened, it would be something like "CAP-USAF got the word that HAF actually hacked off on it, and we're just waiting on the administrative paperwork to come from the Pentagon."
That is almost word for word what the slide says.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NIN

Quote from: lordmonar on March 19, 2016, 02:18:15 PM
No, probably not.

Now that I look at it, the slide says more than what I typed. NVM.  Carry on.

If Gen Myrick is there, I'm pretty sure that this is correct :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on March 19, 2016, 02:20:20 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 19, 2016, 02:18:15 PM
No, probably not.

Now that I look at it, the slide says more than what I typed. NVM.  Carry on.

If Gen Myrick is there, I'm pretty sure that this is correct :)

AF LtCol for GLR CAP-USAF is also here. So far a great event, lots of breakouts, and even a Spaatz presentation!

PHall

And just like BDU's, there are two types of ABU. The regular ABU and the Ripstop ABU (aka RABU). The RABU is the lighter "Summer" version. They can't be mixed.

Angus

Did they say anything about a time table for implementation?  Looks like after my comments recently I need a nice serving of crow. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Member Who on March 19, 2016, 04:45:32 PM
Did they say anything about a time table for implementation?  Looks like after my comments recently I need a nice serving of crow.

Whenever the AF send written directions, I'm sure they'll publish the timelines.

abdsp51

Funny how this hasn't been announced to the populace...

NCRblues

Side bar from the uniforms.

The last two points on that slide are oddly worded, no?

What is overlap with a CAC? Changing its term?

I thought we already had an entire regulation filled with our organizational chart?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 19, 2016, 05:07:23 PM
Which part of "waiting for written authorization"  didn't you understand?

lordmonar

Quote from: NCRblues on March 19, 2016, 05:30:18 PM
Side bar from the uniforms.

The last two points on that slide are oddly worded, no?

What is overlap with a CAC? Changing its term?

I thought we already had an entire regulation filled with our organizational chart?

20-1 has been in a re-write for over a year.   I guess they finally made some progress.

Don't know on the CAC except maybe they mean that the terms at each echelon overlap....instead of all being replaced at the same time.

abdsp51

Quote from: lordmonar on March 19, 2016, 06:03:22 PM

No misunderstanding.   You and I both know Ma Blue does not move that fast on anything...  A quick blurb saying it's been approved and we are waiting further guidance would be/have been a smart move.  A quick blurb in Eservices or even capmembers.com would have sufficed or better yet even an email like when they announced a proposal was being sent. 

How many members are now going to go buy a set of ABUS now with this being out in one wing and the rest are potentially scratching their heads... 

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 19, 2016, 06:11:35 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 19, 2016, 06:03:22 PM

No misunderstanding.   You and I both know Ma Blue does not move that fast on anything...  A quick blurb saying it's been approved and we are waiting further guidance would be/have been a smart move.  A quick blurb in Eservices or even capmembers.com would have sufficed or better yet even an email like when they announced a proposal was being sent. 

How many members are now going to go buy a set of ABUS now with this being out in one wing and the rest are potentially scratching their heads...
And?  Should be Zero....including those at the ILWG conference.   Because that is what waiting for written authorization means.

Angus

Personally I'm waiting for the announcement only for the change in name tape color.  Figure that dark blue with silver will look great on the BBDU.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

ProdigalJim

Except it won't look great because Vanguard will be our only manufacturing source.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/XP
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

PHall

Quote from: ProdigalJim on March 20, 2016, 11:49:07 PM
Except it won't look great because Vanguard will be our only manufacturing source.

AAFES makes CAP Name and Branch Tapes. And they won't get a C&D letter either! >:D

lordmonar

Quote from: PHall on March 21, 2016, 04:03:45 AM
Quote from: ProdigalJim on March 20, 2016, 11:49:07 PM

AAFES makes CAP Name and Branch Tapes. And they won't get a C&D letter either! >:D
Nametapes.com still makes thems.   Vanguard only has the monopoly on CAP badges......not silver on navy tapes.....and never has.