Oakley Gov't Sales (usstandardissue.com) drops CAP?

Started by ♠SARKID♠, April 10, 2012, 12:57:29 AM

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 13, 2012, 04:32:24 PM
Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 13, 2012, 04:31:17 PM
I just renewed mine this month.

And got approved?
yes. I held my cadet ID card up on the wall with my finger and took a picture with my camera.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 13, 2012, 06:04:25 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 13, 2012, 04:32:24 PM
Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 13, 2012, 04:31:17 PM
I just renewed mine this month.

And got approved?
yes. I held my cadet ID card up on the wall with my finger and took a picture with my camera.

Huh.  I wonder if its a matter of who you ask at USSI as to whether or not we're allowed.  That's a bit annoying to be honest.

ElectricPenguin

They denied me several times a year ago. Take different types of pictures.

Flying Pig

I have a friend who works for Oakely. Basically, in hard economic times companies cant do things or include people like they can when times are good.
I personally dont see why CAP was on it to begin with. Not to mention kids taking the same advantages as a 19yr old machine gunner on his way to A-Stan.  To take it a step farther, like what was mentioned above Oakelys are way over rated.   They are like buying a watch in a catalog because the ad says its worn by Navy SEALs.

AngelWings

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 15, 2012, 03:56:44 PM
I have a friend who works for Oakely. Basically, in hard economic times companies cant do things or include people like they can when times are good.
I personally dont see why CAP was on it to begin with. Not to mention kids taking the same advantages as a 19yr old machine gunner on his way to A-Stan.  To take it a step farther, like what was mentioned above Oakelys are way over rated.   They are like buying a watch in a catalog because the ad says its worn by Navy SEALs.
I wear Oakleys and I love them. They are comfortable, stylish, well made, durable, and the lenses are of very high quality (until you slide them against the ground accidently like I did, which scratched the lense pretty badly). I bought them because they are in style (yes, I like to wear stylish things) and because of great reviews from friends, some of which were in the military. Buying them is like buying a Ford F-350 without ever having anything to put in the back: you buy it because you like the brand name, they look cool, and will last you a long time. My philosophy is that sometimes in life you should sometimes buy yourself something nice and not worry about things, as long as you can afford it.

N Harmon

The SI boots were a great deal with the discount. Without it though, there is just as good, if not better boots for the higher price.

I could not care less about discounts for stylish sunglasses. I think that a 19yr old machine gunner, or 20 year old EMT spending that much on sunglasses (even with the discount) is insane. But whatever, it's their money.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron