Main Menu

Merceneries

Started by ♠SARKID♠, December 20, 2007, 09:48:57 PM

flyguy06

They wear blackT-shirts with Khaki pants and carry with them. I used to se them in the Dining facility. I never really talked to them much except to say hello.

LittleIronPilot

I just LOVE how fickle, and quite frankly as***ine the American public, and opinion, can be.

I mean the same SF, SEAL, Force Recon guy is the LOVE of the nation for doing our hard, dirty work for a pittance, but let him leave after serving his country and want to take those skills, hard earned skills, somewhere else and make a bit of money and they get derision, ridicule, and are basically lumped into Nazi territory.

Hell we ALL work for "money"...so saying that since someone fights for money is a bad thing is ludicrous. Trust me, many privates and other low-level soldiers went into the service for the money or college fund...I guess that, at least in their hears, they are mercenaries too?

aveighter

The level of maturity, intellectual and otherwise,  underlying the beginnings of this thread is a perfect example of why emergency management directors of many states and counties want nothing to do with cadets in actual operational situations.

Stonewall

Quote from: aveighter on December 22, 2007, 07:55:55 PM
The level of maturity, intellectual and otherwise,  underlying the beginnings of this thread is a perfect example of why emergency management directors of many states and counties want nothing to do with cadets in actual operational situations.

Concur.  That's why in DCWG, while one of the senior ground guys in the wing along side of several others of equivelant or greater qualifications, we trained and held our cadets to very mature ES standards.  I know that's no in the book, but we did our best to make men out of boys so as to be taken a bit more seriously when having teenagers operate in real world GSAR operations.  Doing so paid dividends in the long run and helped develop resepect from other agencies.
Serving since 1987.

aveighter

Quote from: Stonewall on December 22, 2007, 08:14:46 PM
Concur.  That's why in DCWG, while one of the senior ground guys in the wing along side of several others of equivalent or greater qualifications, we trained and held our cadets to very mature ES standards.  I know that's no in the book, but we did our best to make men out of boys so as to be taken a bit more seriously when having teenagers operate in real world GSAR operations.  Doing so paid dividends in the long run and helped develop respect from other agencies.

Well Done!

Let me take this opportunity to express my respect and admiration for all of you who invest the time and efforts to take boys and attempt to prepare them to become men of honor, courage and commitment. 

Our nation, culture and society face challenges of an extreme nature and it seems that fewer and fewer are willing or able to answer the call of duty.  Indeed, the mere idea that a man may have a duty to the nation and society is a foreign concept to most.

Whether the fulfillment of that duty is expressed through military service or service of another nature is a decision one must make for himself, all are honorable.  CAP has a unique opportunity to teach and lead in this area and those who give of themselves to accomplish this mission are special and worthy of honor themselves.

flyguy06

Quote from: aveighter on December 22, 2007, 09:12:01 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 22, 2007, 08:14:46 PM
Concur.  That's why in DCWG, while one of the senior ground guys in the wing along side of several others of equivalent or greater qualifications, we trained and held our cadets to very mature ES standards.  I know that's no in the book, but we did our best to make men out of boys so as to be taken a bit more seriously when having teenagers operate in real world GSAR operations.  Doing so paid dividends in the long run and helped develop respect from other agencies.

Well Done!

Let me take this opportunity to express my respect and admiration for all of you who invest the time and efforts to take boys and attempt to prepare them to become men of honor, courage and commitment. 
Our nation, culture and society face challenges of an extreme nature and it seems that fewer and fewer are willing or able to answer the call of duty.  Indeed, the mere idea that a man may have a duty to the nation and society is a foreign concept to most.

Whether the fulfillment of that duty is expressed through military service or service of another nature is a decision one must make for himself, all are honorable.  CAP has a unique opportunity to teach and lead in this area and those who give of themselves to accomplish this mission are special and worthy of honor themselves.

That made me wan to go and fly my Flag. What about the women?  ;D

Stonewall

Quote from: flyguy06 on December 22, 2007, 10:40:29 PMWhat about the women?  ;D

"The guys", "the gang" and "the boys" are one in the same and include women.
Serving since 1987.

flyguy06

Quote from: Stonewall on December 22, 2007, 10:59:51 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on December 22, 2007, 10:40:29 PMWhat about the women?  ;D

"The guys", "the gang" and "the boys" are one in the same and include women.

oh, ok. cool