WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

Quote from: Stonewall on December 24, 2007, 01:15:00 AM
Can I get a little hooah?  HOOAH!

Hooah
Mike Johnston

BillB

Maybe the AF standard mile run, but you didn't pass the cadet PT test times for mile run.  But then again, most seniors can't meet the cadet PT tests.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Stonewall

Quote from: BillB on December 24, 2007, 02:57:37 AM
Maybe the AF standard mile run, but you didn't pass the cadet PT test times for mile run.  But then again, most seniors can't meet the cadet PT tests.

I said 1 1/2 miles, not 1 mile.  This, after I had back surgery less than 2 months ago.  But yes, I need work.  And no, most seniors couldn't pass a cadet PT test, but could most cadets pass a "real" military PT test in turn?  Either way, I'm back baby....

Working an underage DUI right now, hence I'm at a computer and not on the street.
Serving since 1987.

JAFO78

Glad to see you are back to work keeping our streets safe from the stupid people once again.

Stay Safe...... 8)
JAFO

shorning

Ran 1 1/2 miles (AF PT standard) on the treadmill in 13 minutes.  Not bad if you ask me.  Goal is 10 minutes.

Good job!  But the treadmill ain't the street brother...

Stonewall

Quote from: shorning on December 24, 2007, 06:43:26 AM
Ran 1 1/2 miles (AF PT standard) on the treadmill in 13 minutes.  Not bad if you ask me.  Goal is 10 minutes.

Good job!  But the treadmill ain't the street brother...

My fastest 2 mile run in the Army, 11:50 something, came after training solely on the treadmill.  The reason why I think the treadmill makes my run times faster is becaues on the treadmill you maintain your speed.  Set it at 7:00 minute miles and you will continue that pace until you physically push the button to slow down.  On the street, when you tire, you automatically slow down.  Just some food for thought.  I train 100% on the treadmill for all runs, military and civilian and I always max the military PT runs and do well on 5Ks and such.
Serving since 1987.

shorning

Quote from: Stonewall on December 24, 2007, 06:54:17 AM
I train 100% on the treadmill for all runs, military and civilian and I always max the military PT runs and do well on 5Ks and such.

Still, there are downfalls to only training on a treadmill.  But as long as you're aware of them, it doesn't make much difference.  Unfortunately, most people don't heed the differences...

Tim Medeiros

For those interested, would you be willing to post said downfalls?

Good to see you back in action Stonewall
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Fifinella

Glad to hear you're back in action, you lazy slug!  >:D >:D >:D

Give it another week, and you'll be fighting for treadmill space with all those New Year's resolutioners...

Happy, Happy, Merry, Merry.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Stonewall

Quote from: Fifinella on December 26, 2007, 04:43:29 AM
Give it another week, and you'll be fighting for treadmill space with all those New Year's resolutioners...

Ha!  Yeah, my favorite time of year at the gym.  It only lasts between 2 and 4 weeks before the gym starts making money from people who no long go.  My buddy has been paying the monthly fee of $59 for he and his wife and haven't been in 9 months.

I've belonged to a gym for 9 years now and enjoy watching these folks everytime, except for when they hog the equipment.
Serving since 1987.

Ned

Quote from: Fifinella on December 26, 2007, 04:43:29 AM

On Monday @0600 I was the sole person in the gym!

As in the lights shut off suddenly after a half hour on the treadmill since there was insufficient motion in the room to activate the light switch/motion detector thing.

Treadmill in the dark is fairly interesting for a few moments.   :o

And yes, I can be an equipment hog for long runs on the treadmill. (10+ miles)

But at least there are enough so no one has to wait for me.

Stonewall

Quote from: Ned on December 27, 2007, 04:23:38 AMAnd yes, I can be an equipment hog for long runs on the treadmill. (10+ miles)

Over achiever.
Serving since 1987.

Ned

Quote from: Stonewall on December 27, 2007, 06:18:15 AM
Quote from: Ned on December 27, 2007, 04:23:38 AMAnd yes, I can be an equipment hog for long runs on the treadmill. (10+ miles)

Over achiever.

Yeah, but I can watch almost two episodes of MythBusters!