"Red Dawn" gone politically correct!

Started by Major Lord, April 03, 2011, 08:32:03 PM

LGM30GMCC

My issue with these types of scenarios is it disregards US nuclear forces. They are designed to survive an EMP and pretty much anything else short of direct destruction. I can see the diplomacy going something like this:

"Surrender your forces, and leave our country"

"We will defend the territory we have taken! We do not fear your forces!"

A few hours later

"You are no longer fighting for your country. Your country has ceased exist. Surrender, you can join our country."

The CyBorg is destroyed

Not just that, but as I said earlier in the thread, once the NK's discovered that even the worst lifer/death row inmate in the USA eats better then the majority of the DPRK's population (and enlisted/NCO corps) they would probably try to defect in droves.  The basic human need for sustenance is a powerful counterpoint to ideology.

Can you imagine what a North Korean troop would do to go into a 7-Eleven and see more food in that cramped little C-store than he's probably seen in his entire life?  OK, it's not KimChee, but it's food.

Plus, the NK's would discover that we're basically nice people  8) and that the propaganda they've been fed is so much Bravo Sierra, especially the POW's who would be treated according to the Geneva Conventions.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Private Investigator

If Dale Brown wrote "Red Dawn 2012" it would have been awesome and legendary.

The Cadet population of CAP would have doubled.   :clap:

jks19714

Quote from: CyBorg on August 11, 2012, 03:45:36 PM

Can you imagine what a North Korean troop would do to go into a 7-Eleven and see more food in that cramped little C-store than he's probably seen in his entire life?  OK, it's not KimChee, but it's food.

[/quote

7-Eleven?! No, they'd accuse us of violating the Geneva Conventions!  >:D
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer