Main Menu

More changes are a comin'

Started by arajca, August 13, 2009, 03:59:25 PM

Cecil DP

Since at the present time National doesn't track NCO's and definetly doesn't require a copy of a DD-214, promotion orders, or an ID. Make them E-5's.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

SarDragon

[Sgt Schultz]

I see noth-thing.

[/Sgt Schultz]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

badger bob

Quote from: arajca on August 14, 2009, 01:45:36 PM

A good point is the annual value recalculation. If you are issued a laptop, each year the value drops as the unit depreciates. So, if something happens to the laptop you are issued, you're not on the hook for the new cost, but rather the current value. I presume they're using industry standard schedules for this calculation.

The new reg also requires the unit to have access to a scanner.

The military doesn't depreciate assets. The change will be to a life-cycle cost using industry standard life cycles, ie. a laptop would have a 5-year lifecycle. The revaluation will be a straight line over the life cycle of the object. Several operational advantages. Currently, all assets are carried at original cost- so that WIN 95 desktop is still carried at $3,000 even if obsolete. Using a life cycle concept also allows for a long term budget planning for replacement of assets. Assets past the end of the life cycle can be authorized for a local disposal in some cases rather than requiring a return to the DRMO.

Furnishing each CAP unit a printer-scanner was a part of previous computer buys, but at the local level, scanning would only be required for local purchases- generally exceeding $500 and for donations. At the wing level scanning will be required for initial reciepts, donations, purchases, repair records, and any other helpful documentation.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

A.Member

Quote from: SarDragon on August 18, 2009, 06:23:43 AM
QuoteThe Flight Officer grades give our under 21 year old Senior Members the opportunity to exercise authority and responsibility in the jobs they are given and  to show that they are progressing within the PD programs. If CAP eliminates the FO grades, they might as well eliminate Senior Membership for those persons under the age of 21 or allow the commission of members under the age limit, which is done by the services (rarely, but it is done).

Is the highlighted portion not clear?
Again, it has nothing to do with being clear.  The reason behind the creation of the rank is well understood. 

The question is whether it provides any true value.  Per my previous statement, I'd argue that it does not.   
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Quote from: Cecil DP on August 18, 2009, 07:16:52 AM
Since at the present time National doesn't track NCO's and definetly doesn't require a copy of a DD-214, promotion orders, or an ID. Make them E-5's.

eServices does track NCO grades and of course you need the 214, current CAC, or similar to allow someone to wear their grade from another service.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spike

QUESTION....on NCO's, where does the NCO appointment form 2 go?  I have always just kept it in the personnel file along with supporting documentation, but was told last week it needs to go to NHQ through the Wing Commander??

Have I been doing it wrong, and if so, is correction possible, with "backdating"??

ßτε

Quote from: Spike on August 18, 2009, 07:19:49 PM
QUESTION....on NCO's, where does the NCO appointment form 2 go?  I have always just kept it in the personnel file along with supporting documentation, but was told last week it needs to go to NHQ through the Wing Commander??

Have I been doing it wrong, and if so, is correction possible, with "backdating"??

The CAPF 2 should be forwarded by the unit to NHQ, by email w/attachment, by fax, or by U.S. Postal Service. Since the unit commander is the approval authority, it shouldn't need to go through wing, but you may send a copy for their records.

There would be no real need to backdate. The promotion is effective upon unit commander's approval and TIG is irrelevant.

PHall

Quote from: Cecil DP on August 18, 2009, 07:16:52 AM

Actually they do require a DD-214, orders or an ID card. You just have to show them to the Unit Commander who is signing the Form 2.