Main Menu

civilairportal Hacked

Started by MIKE, July 17, 2006, 01:39:05 PM

MIKE

:o

Looks like the sites been hacked.
Mike Johnston

shorning

I saw it had changed around 0905 ET.  I shot CA an email to let him know.  Strange that I just happened to be working tonight since I've been on day shift for a couple months.

pixelwonk

I saw it and began backup restoration just seconds after the hack took place.

Thanks for your understanding.

shorning

Quote from: tedda on July 17, 2006, 02:49:33 PM
I'm working on the backup restoration.

Thanks for your understanding.

Unfortunately Turkey it outside my AOR otherwise they would have felt our wrath.  (Okay, maybe I would just have sent nasty thoughts their way... :-\)

pixelwonk

Those [darn] gobblers!

anyway... Site's restored and fully-functional.

Again, thanks!

Eclipse

What did they do?  Deface?   :o Screenshots?

"That Others May Zoom"

pixelwonk

Because there is a somewhat graphic image in the screenshot, I will not assume that such an picture is welcome on CAPTalk.  However, I have posted the screencap on civilairportal.com for those who may be interested.

Eclipse

>:(

Blech - either a goof or misinformed about our role, or both.

"That Others May Zoom"

CLB

What is it with Arabs targeting and spamming/ hacking CAP sites?   This happened to my SQ's Yahoo Group several months ago.  Looks like the same type of thing...some kid crying and a message asking for help. 

Had another on a scanner site.  Instead of topics about the radio concerned, it was nothing but 15 articles most of which: "Please take a minute to read my article on the history of Islamic marriage" or some crap like that.

I bet these morons are jacking the RACC and Sea Cadets too.   ::)
Capt Christopher Bishop
Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron

Pylon

Quote from: CLB on July 18, 2006, 06:38:04 AM
What is it with Arabs targeting and spamming/ hacking CAP sites?   This happened to my SQ's Yahoo Group several months ago.  Looks like the same type of thing...some kid crying and a message asking for help. 

Had another on a scanner site.  Instead of topics about the radio concerned, it was nothing but 15 articles most of which: "Please take a minute to read my article on the history of Islamic marriage" or some crap like that.

First-off, Turks are not arabs.  It might help to read a bit about Turkey

Let's also not make disparaging generalizations about entire races of people based on what a few individuals are doing.  Based on that model, I could just as easily say "What's up with these [darn] suburban white kids hacking corporate websites?!"

Thanks.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Al Sayre

That gives me an idea for a new mission for CAP; one that the cadets could get into.  The Computer Assault Program.   In time of nations peril, we could turn 30 odd thousand Cadet hackers loose to assault the computer infrastructure of our nations enemies. ;D ;)
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Matt

Quote from: Al Sayre on July 18, 2006, 05:06:33 PM
That gives me an idea for a new mission for CAP; one that the cadets could get into.  The Computer Assault Program.   In time of nations peril, we could turn 30 odd thousand Cadet hackers loose to assault the computer infrastructure of our nations enemies. ;D ;)

It's just so silly... it just might work.

I'm in...
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Becks

Yeah sounds good, lets get to work Matt, go set up the command center like in the Net-Force books :)

BBATW

CLB

Quote from: Pylon on July 18, 2006, 03:51:19 PM

Let's also not make disparaging generalizations about entire races of people based on what a few individuals are doing.  Based on that model, I could just as easily say "What's up with these [darn] suburban white kids hacking corporate websites?!"

Wait a minute.  This wasn't directed at Turkey.   I was speaking of my PERSONAL experience with incidents SIMILAR to this.  I'd have done/ said the same if my fellow Catholics were hacking sites as well.   

Roll your eyes at me and say I'm making racial generalizations.  :clap:

Capt Christopher Bishop

Pylon

Quote from: CLB on July 19, 2006, 03:29:57 AM
Quote from: Pylon on July 18, 2006, 03:51:19 PM

Wait a minute.  This wasn't directed at Turkey.   I was speaking of my PERSONAL experience with incidents SIMILAR to this.  I'd have done/ said the same if my fellow Catholics were hacking sites as well.   

Roll your eyes at me and say I'm making racial generalizations.  :clap:

Ah, I'm sorry, then.  I misunderstood your post.  It's rather difficult sometimes to discern the tone of some posts, and I misread the direction in which you were going with yours. 

(Still, Turks aren't arabs ;) ).

CLB

Capt Christopher Bishop

Becks

Seems to be down again...

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it was just a small hiccup  ;D

BBATW

Pylon

Quote from: Becks on August 04, 2006, 03:50:17 PM
Seems to be down again...

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it was just a small hiccup  ;D

Still appears down to me.  *shrug*

shorning

"Down" is different than "hacked".  Patience.  Some times the pipes of the internet get clogged.

Pylon

Quote from: shorning on August 04, 2006, 04:15:53 PM
"Down" is different than "hacked".  Patience.  Some times the pipes of the internet get clogged.

I'd hate to be the guy who has to unclog that mess...   ;D