Main Menu

AFAIDL Question

Started by thefischNX01, July 06, 2006, 03:56:25 AM

thefischNX01

Can't find the answer to some questions about the 00013 test. 

Firstly, is it open book?

Secondly, do I have to take it at my unit?

thanks
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

arajca

No. It is (as are all AFIADL tests) closed book.

You can take the test at your unit.

SarDragon

You should take the test at your unit. It must be administered by the testing officer, and should be in a proper testing environment. Most homes, IMHO, do not qualify.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

I think his question may have been more of a "can I take it at another unit if I am away from my unit of record," in which case the answer is yes, with the proper arrangements.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

thefischNX01

actually, pylon, that was what i was trying to get at.  But it was 0100 and my brain wasn't thinking.

Thanks for the replies
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

Major_Chuck

The answer is yes but it has to be administered by an approved Testing Officer and coordinated through your wing Director of Professional Development.  When I was Wing DPD we would arrange for wing staff members to take their tests at local squadrons rather than travel up to six hours to Wing HQ to administer the test.

A perfect example would be a member of a region staff.  No real physical headquarters to take the test at and spread over a multitude of states.

All the rules for testing still apply. 
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

ncc1912

Tests can also be administered by any AFIADL Test Control Office (TCO).  There is usually one on every Air Force base.

Though CAP members can take test through the military TCOs (I've seen members do it), you run a high probability of getting a "Civil What?" responce.

Depending on your physical location, I could advise you on who to contact if this is an appealing alternative for you.

Good luck.
//SIGNED//
JUSTIN B. BAIER, Major, CAP
"Dislocated Member"
Civil Air Patrol - United States Air Force Auxiliary
Active-duty USAF
Seoul, Republic of Korea

dhon27

I have heard rumors that the AFIADL-13 course will be going away, but I have yet to see anything confirming this in writing, or when that will happen.  Some of the members in my Squadron have asked about enrolling in this course, and I'm not sure what I should tell them.  Does anyone have any information on this?  Thanks!

Pylon

Quote from: dhon27 on September 23, 2006, 11:04:31 PM
I have heard rumors that the AFIADL-13 course will be going away, but I have yet to see anything confirming this in writing, or when that will happen.  Some of the members in my Squadron have asked about enrolling in this course, and I'm not sure what I should tell them.  Does anyone have any information on this?  Thanks!

I haven't heard anything, but normally with any such changes, it would only be logical to allow a phase-in date for those currently following the course.

Especially since there is no current information about it changing, I would not encourage your fellow colleagues to hold-back their professional development in case the course may change in the future.  The CAP Officer's Course is an interesting read, if anything, and even if a new requirement comes down the pike, they'll likely get the credit from the AFIADL-13 course regardless.

So, enroll away!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

A.Member

It used to be referred to as ECI-13.  Now it's AFIADL-13.  It was just an AF name change.  Perhaps that's what you heard? 

As Pylon, said - proceed with enrollment.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

arajca

At the PD workshop at the NB in Aug, it was mentioned that CAP is looking at moving the AFIADL course to an online mode due in part to the difficulties in keeping it current. However, no transition date has been announced, so I would recommend continuing as current until something official comes down from National.

acarlson

I'm working on getting any and all SM enrolled and taking the 13...  it's not cancelled yet... they want to move forward in their progressing... and it's not difficult!   review the Unit Review questions, and you have 80 to 85 % of the test down pat!  passing is only 65% so there's lots of wiggle room.. 

In the past, the hardest part of the 13 was getting enrolled!  Now that's a piece of cake as you can enroll yourself online! 

also my AFIADL Test Control Office (TCO) is at the Group level... there are no AFIADL Taco's at unit level... and yes, it's a closed-book, controlled, and monitored... although un-tamed test.

Annette Carlson, 1Lt
PDO
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

Major Carrales

Quote from: Pylon on September 24, 2006, 12:13:26 AM

I haven't heard anything, but normally with any such changes, it would only be logical to allow a phase-in date for those currently following the course.

Especially since there is no current information about it changing, I would not encourage your fellow colleagues to hold-back their professional development in case the course may change in the future.  The CAP Officer's Course is an interesting read, if anything, and even if a new requirement comes down the pike, they'll likely get the credit from the AFIADL-13 course regardless.

So, enroll away!

Careful, place not your faith in rumors.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

If it is going away, nobody told me, I just got my course in on Teus. and all the new members at my sqdn will be getting it fairly soon through the OTS.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DNall

Actually, what I understand is the SLS & CLC curriculum is under major overhaul & will incorporate the material from the CAP Senior (as in member) Officer Course (AFIADL-13). None of that is made for primetime yet. Plus, as boring as the any correspondence course is, especially when it's this kind of less than exciting material, I still think the content there is absolutely critical to get to our members right at teh very begining. I'm not sure whrere they're going with this, but at minimum they should role all that into Lvl I. We're still talking about a ways out though, so go on & take it. At least it helps you understand what you have to do later if you want to enroll in SOS, ACSC, AWC, which I highly recommend.