Main Menu

''First Aid Kit''

Started by Hoorah, May 31, 2009, 06:31:35 PM

Hoorah

Hi, I have a First Aid kit but I want to  know what you guys have in yours. Example of what mine has.
11 pairs of gloves,ice pack,Purell,roll of gauze,vairious sizes of bandaes,burn cream,whistle,3 sterile non stick pad,1 huge gauze pad,scissors,butterfly closures.
I dont want a link to Gtm Manuel or etc. 

Polecat

I have everything listed in the GTM task guide and NESA packing list in mine,  plus a little bit extra handy items.  I say if you want a good first aid or survival kit, build it yourself with what YOU need.

Please knock off the quotes and ask the admin to move it to the tools of the trade forum.

Hoorah

Quote from: Polecat on May 31, 2009, 06:54:41 PM
I have everything listed in the GTM task guide and NESA packing list in mine,  plus a little bit extra handy items.  I say if you want a good first aid or survival kit, build it yourself with what YOU need.

Please knock off the quotes and ask the admin to move it to the tools of the trade forum.
Okay.

Hoorah

I dont need links to GTM manuel.  I dint even ask for that.
I am asking what people have in their kits so I can add stuff. ???

SarDragon

The GTM suggested kit is a great place to start. If you add nothing else, it is sufficient for many situations. You asked a Q, we gave you answers. If you don't like them, get over it and move on.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hoorah

What the link to GTM manuel,Link to NESA packing list.

Polecat

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 31, 2009, 09:21:31 PM
I dont need links to GTM manuel.  I dint even ask for that.
I am asking what people have in their kits so I can add stuff. ???

I didn't give you links, I gave you specificly what you asked for.  Don't get mad at me because I told you my answer to your question.  If that isn't the answer you want, maybe you should edit your post so so it makes the question clearer and I don't get a headache when I read it.  I told you what I carry, what more do you want?

Polecat

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 31, 2009, 09:45:08 PM

What the link to GTM manuel,Link to NESA packing list.

GTM task guide

NESA packing list

capchiro

You might want to check with your medical officer or squadron commander to see what they approve.  I once found a cadet with scalpels and sutures in his kit.  I had him remove them before problems could happen..
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

whatevah

my favorite piece is a muzzle.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin