Video makers for CAP usage.

Started by Hoorah, May 28, 2009, 01:30:42 AM

Hoorah

Quote from: Pylon on May 28, 2009, 07:36:19 PM
Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 03:01:19 PM
Quote from: tedda on May 28, 2009, 02:19:51 PM
Further still, don't go snarfing anyone's stuff and passing it off as your own.
I got permission for all.

So when you told us you "got permission for all", you mean you received permission to use the intellectual property of Civil Air Patrol, Inc., the CAP Historical Foundation, Scott Matthews, the United States Navy, Godsmack and everyone else's whose footage, content and photos you used?
yes.

Eclipse

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 07:45:32 PM

So when you told us you "got permission for all", you mean you received permission to use the intellectual property of Civil Air Patrol, Inc., the CAP Historical Foundation, Scott Matthews, the United States Navy, Godsmack and everyone else's whose footage, content and photos you used?
yes.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on May 28, 2009, 08:18:54 PM

yes.

And he^ would know. He has gone about getting permission from professional musicians. Eclipse put together a cool video when he did.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

pixelwonk

This video satisfies my curiosity of how I always wondered what you'd get if you crossed tater-tot casserole (hotdish for you Minnesotans) + gastroenteritis + Godsmack + a dog who just ate a whole chicken.

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Pylon

yes.

The Core Values, particularly Integrity, are not just for making pretty posters.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Hoorah

Hoorah

I am making it look better thats all thats why its down.

davidsinn

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 09:51:53 PM
I am making it look better thats all thats why its down.

You might try removing ALL of the copyrighted material...which should be most of the video judging by the comments here.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

AlphaSigOU

Cadet Williams,

Merely getting verbal permission to use copyrighted material is NOT enough. You MUST secure written permission to use it in your work.

I will give you an example of a copyright notice, this from a book I published a few years ago (emphasis is mine):

QuoteAll Rights Reserved © 2003 by Charles E. Corway. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping, or by any information storage retrieval system, without the written permission of the publisher.

It hasn't happened to me (knock wood), but you bet your bippy I would be HIGHLY incensed if I found someone plagiarizing my work. The 'cease and desist' letter would follow very shortly.

Membership in an organization such as CAP DOES NOT give ANYONE blanket permission to use CAP's intellectual property.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

CAP.is.1337

You need to find free, (as in freedom,) content for your videos. Read about Copyright, Copyleft, Creative Commons, and Public Domain on Wikipedia and then get back to us.

Some "free" CAP content is available on Archive.org and the Wikimedia Commons, but just try to use that as a starting point. Better yet, go shoot your own pics/footage: try for the PAO position at an encampment if you're really interested. (I've got hours of footage taken last year but just haven't had the time to go through. I did go through the nearly 6000 pictures taken by all of us 3 PAO's @ VAWG Encampment 2008, though.)

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=civil%20air%20patrol

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&redirs=0&search=civil+air+patrol&limit=500&offset=0

Public domain music you can use for backround music is available at Musopen.
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

BrandonKea

Quote from: CAP.is.1337 on May 30, 2009, 06:57:18 AM
You need to find free, (as in freedom,) content for your videos. Read about Copyright, Copyleft, Creative Commons, and Public Domain on Wikipedia and then get back to us.

Some "free" CAP content is available on Archive.org and the Wikimedia Commons, but just try to use that as a starting point. Better yet, go shoot your own pics/footage: try for the PAO position at an encampment if you're really interested. (I've got hours of footage taken last year but just haven't had the time to go through. I did go through the nearly 6000 pictures taken by all of us 3 PAO's @ VAWG Encampment 2008, though.)

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=civil%20air%20patrol

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&redirs=0&search=civil+air+patrol&limit=500&offset=0

Public domain music you can use for backround music is available at Musopen.

Just make sure you obtain a signed release for using these people's likenesses on the internet.

A lot goes in to playing by the rules...
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP