Main Menu

1st CAP Meeting

Started by C/MSgt Lunsford, May 05, 2009, 05:11:27 AM

BrandonKea

Gotta start somewhere (as I'm re-learning :-)  )
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

BTCS1*

Its not bad for your first time, and 40 sit up/curl up/crunches is wht u mean? Just try to team up with another cadet and practice together, that's what I do.
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

C/MSgt Lunsford

Its Fun. I was confused while we were drilling back. Our Cadence went

"Eft, Eft, We are Military, RIGHT
Eft, Eft, (Pause)Right, Eft."

As you said before somewhere on this forum, "We are not really Military". It just confused me.  ???

Wright Brothers #13915

BTCS1*

hmmm... I've heard one that goes your milirary left, but never that one. Don't worry bout it, although we aren't to clear things up ;D

DC

Per AFMAN 36-2203 that isn't a correct way to call cadence, but we'll leave that alone.

I have never heard it called like you described, I have heard 'left, left, your military left' though.

Either way, CAP is associated with the Air Force, but we are not the military. Some cadets (and Seniors) take the association further than it actually extends, you may have encountered one of these individuals. In any event, I wouldn't worry too much about what your Flight Sergeant (or whoever was drilling you) was saying, beyond making sure you were on step.

notaNCO forever

Quote from: BTCS1* on May 28, 2009, 05:46:08 AM
hmmm... I've heard one that goes your milirary left, but never that one. Don't worry bout it, although we aren't to clear things up ;D
Quote from: DC on May 28, 2009, 11:03:34 AM
Per AFMAN 36-2203 that isn't a correct way to call cadence, but we'll leave that alone.

This is from the 36-2203.

2.5.1. The instructor counts cadence to acquaint students with cadence rhythm. When trainees get out of
step, the instructor either corrects them by counting cadence or halts the element and then moves them
off in step. Counting cadence helps teach coordination and rhythm. Cadence is given in sets of two as
follows: HUT, TOOP, THREEP, FOURP; HUT, TOOP, THREEP, FOURP. To help keep in step,
unit members should keep the head up and watch the head and shoulders of the person directly in front
of them.

BrandonKea

Quote from: NCO forever on May 28, 2009, 11:27:09 AM
Quote from: BTCS1* on May 28, 2009, 05:46:08 AM
Quote from: DC on May 28, 2009, 11:03:34 AM

This is from the 36-2203.

2.5.1. The instructor counts cadence to acquaint students with cadence rhythm. When trainees get out of
step, the instructor either corrects them by counting cadence or halts the element and then moves them
off in step. Counting cadence helps teach coordination and rhythm. Cadence is given in sets of two as
follows: HUT, TOOP, THREEP, FOURP; HUT, TOOP, THREEP, FOURP. To help keep in step,
unit members should keep the head up and watch the head and shoulders of the person directly in front
of them.

Yep, and you'll never hear anyone at BMT or Tech Schools doing anything BUT this...  ::)
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

C/MSgt Lunsford

Ah, who knows. We're Aux. Its the closest you will get to Military with out actually enlisting.  :D

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

My Actual ID Membership Card came in today. I printed my temporary out on the 21st. Now there is no need for the temporary card  :D

Wright Brothers #13915

SarDragon

If it doesn't have a picture on it, it's not an ID card, it's a membership card.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

C/MSgt Lunsford

Op. Ok. My "Membership Card" Came in today. I think I have to upload a photo to get my ID Card.

Wright Brothers #13915

BTCS1*

Yes you do, the guidelines are available on eServices at the photo upload link. Then you have to have it approved by your CC and then you can order it from the Photo ID payment link. I think its 4 dollars. But you may want to wait till your an airman because it says your grade on the card.

BrandonKea

Quote from: BTCS1* on June 02, 2009, 05:14:57 AM
Yes you do, the guidelines are available on eServices at the photo upload link. Then you have to have it approved by your CC and then you can order it from the Photo ID payment link. I think its 4 dollars. But you may want to wait till your an airman because it says your grade on the card.

Why, if he gets it now, won't it say CADET, which will be right until he goes Senior, which may be longer than he's a C/Amn?
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

BTCS1*

Im not sure, but CADET would be better. But if it says C/AB then it may be good to wait. Maybe the kb says something.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: BrandonKea on June 02, 2009, 09:43:41 AM

Why, if he gets it now, won't it say CADET, which will be right until he goes Senior, which may be longer than he's a C/Amn?

If the squadron keeps up with online promotions on eServices, the grade is updated automatically when each achievement is completed. Otherwise it only updates when one reaches a milestone award (C/SSgt, C/2d Lt, C/Capt, C/Lt Col, C/Col).
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Always Ready

I may be wrong on this, but last I heard, if the squadron keeps up with the promotion in eServices, NHQ sends out a new membership card with updated grade.

I would much rather it say CADET on it than it get updated every 2+ months. Waste of money IMO.

Edit: *insert rant on NHQ not caring about FO grades* >:D

BrandonKea

Quote from: Always Ready on June 03, 2009, 04:59:02 AM

I may be wrong on this, but last I heard, if the squadron keeps up with the promotion in eServices, NHQ sends out a new membership card with updated grade.

I would much rather it say CADET on it than it get updated every 2+ months. *insert rant on NHQ not caring about FO grades* >:D

Good gravy, I hope you're wrong. What a waste...

And you'll live, FO grades suck but like all things, they're only temporary.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

C/MSgt Lunsford

***Update***

I just Completed my General Emergency Services Test a few minutes ago. Just in time to make it to the Next Mission this Saturday at 6:00 am. Boy, I am going to have to get up early.

In other news, I have Completed my LL1, PT Test, Drill, and Moral Leadership. This upcoming SAREX will count as an activity and that will finish my check list. This June 30th I should be getting Promoted to Cadet Airman. :D

Edit: Oh boy, what fun I am having sewing my Patches onto my BDUs at 2:06 in the morning. This is sooo fun.  :(

Wright Brothers #13915

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 06:07:06 AM
I am sewing my Patches onto my BDUs at 2:06 in the morning.

Uh - why?

SJFedor

Quote from: Lunsford on June 17, 2009, 06:07:06 AM
***Update***

I just Completed my General Emergency Services Test a few minutes ago. Just in time to make it to the Next Mission this Saturday at 6:00 am. Boy, I am going to have to get up early.

In other news, I have Completed my LL1, PT Test, Drill, and Moral Leadership. This upcoming SAREX will count as an activity and that will finish my check list. This June 30th I should be getting Promoted to Cadet Airman. :D

Edit: Oh boy, what fun I am having sewing my Patches onto my BDUs at 2:06 in the morning. This is sooo fun.  :(

Um....qualified GES = required tests + Level 1 (seniors) or Curry (cadets).

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)